HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:56 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
i understand what you are saying and i know you feel you have been burned in the past. I also know there are many others that feel the same way you do from the past.

I can say for the year i have used their products they work as advertised (with the exception of some bugs, which all companies have)

I can also say that I have never dealt with a company that has been more upfront with their firmware updates and problems associated with their products.

When comparing them to the other major flight controller companies in the industry they are way more upfront with their issues.

I have seen, over and over again, where are customer identifies a problem with the firmware and the HF team looks into it and then releases a new firmware beta that addresses the issue.

I have never seen the competition in this industry do this for one single customer.

many others in this industry are closed off, never release what is in their firmware updates other than some generalizations, and blame users rather than help them get their product working.

Can you call the competition and get support from a real person ?

You cynicism seems to be from the past and I cannot comment on the past, only my own experiences from the present.

still..... you are slandering HF based on nothing...

it would be different if you had proof that it didnt work, but you are saying it doesnt work because there is no proof that it does work..... IMO that is not a fair criticism.

Dont buy it since they are not showing you what you want.... but trying to "warn others" is an attempt to hid you own feelings about the company.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, MI, Jenison
Joined Jun 2008
1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
i understand what you are saying and i know you feel you have been burned in the past. I also know there are many others that feel the same way you do from the past.

I can say for the year i have used their products they work as advertised (with the exception of some bugs, which all companies have)

I can also say that I have never dealt with a company that has been more upfront with their firmware updates and problems associated with their products.

When comparing them to the other major flight controller companies in the industry they are way more upfront with their issues.

I have seen, over and over again, where are customer identifies a problem with the firmware and the HF team looks into it and then releases a new firmware beta that addresses the issue.

I have never seen the competition in this industry do this for one single customer.

many others in this industry are closed off, never release what is in their firmware updates other than some generalizations, and blame users rather than help them get their product working.

Can you call the competition and get support from a real person ?

You cynicism seems to be from the past and I cannot comment on the past, only my own experiences from the present.

still..... you are slandering HF based on nothing...

it would be different if you had proof that it didnt work, but you are saying it doesnt work because there is no proof that it does work..... IMO that is not a fair criticism.

Dont buy it since they are not showing you what you want.... but trying to "warn others" is an attempt to hid you own feelings about the company.
Customers should never have to carry the burden of proof for the products. Products should be proven by manufacturers and well tested prior to selling and promising features. I an a bit jaded by Hoverfly but for good reason. Thought they might redeem themselves but.........
nicnaimless is offline Find More Posts by nicnaimless
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:56 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
637 Posts
So instead of wasting time on tgis chatter... Hows the new firmware? Any improvement on roll yaw
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:16 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
637 Posts
Got in 2 minutes lol. Firmware. 98, i had no loss of horizon on tilt or roll, mind you it was dark and my settings are rough. In a happy camper, thanks HF
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:28 AM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
good to hear, i have to get mine updated tomorrow.... i will be filming tomorrow

been editing all night
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:11 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
637 Posts
i spent a nit more time on the computer with live out to tv, its close on the ground now. I will focus some more on my hexa gains then assign a channel to my tilt and start havin some fun
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:43 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,878 Posts
I'm not anywhere I can upgrade my HFG board, at the moment. What are the changes in v0.98? There's nothing on HF's site about this update.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:08 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
Al said that it was the accumulation issue with holding the horizon level on roll.
that is what i know.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:46 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
how could i upgrade gimbal firmware . i have upgraded the setup client to 0,98 but not the gimbal software. and nothing change for me ,still roll drift. do i need to recalibrate?
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:00 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
637 Posts
Goto hoverflys support page and get the firmware update client plug it in and fllow instructions on screen and u should b good to go
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
i have done that but when it ask to select a board there is no board to select
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
on the hover fly gimbal configurator v0,98 i read hardware version "gimbal 1.0 " software version " ver 0.91 (007)
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
is it the same firmware update client for HF pro and HF gimbal ?
because i can't select any board
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:56 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Yes it's the same update client for all of our products.

If you can't see any board selections then you may not be connected to the Internet or you need to update the firmware update client.

The major change in the software is an added smoothing on user controlled movement. You can adjust it in the HFG configurator. The behavior is similar to ramping up and ramping down the movement speed.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
internet is ok update client is v1.00.29 and it doesn't works it bug on "select board"