HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:10 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
rexless,

Which video editor do you use for your #16?

Thanks,

-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I almost bought the DH9117 too. At the last minute I opted not to and I've been very happy about that!

I use the 808 #16 camera for 720p video. All the on-board flying footage in this video is from this camera.
http://youtu.be/viEJG0MM0hg
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:19 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
rexless,

Which video editor do you use for your #16?

Thanks,

-Pat
I'm using adobe premiere elements only because I haven't found anything else I like.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Dec 2009
29 Posts
Lost binding from time to time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Jeffteeh -
Frankly, I think this is bloody awful advice. If the batteries were really the LiPo MJX claims, you'd stand a good chance of destroying them this way imo. As it is, you can't have done them much good.
However, it's extremely difficult to think of a sensible plan of attack. The problem could be in the Tx or Rx: if the mode (slide) switches are OK, I'd bet on the Rx PCB in the heli. My solution would be to simply buy another heli, which would enable you to make a fast diagnosis - however, if you're on a tight budget this will be impractical.
A replacement Rx would be around $20, express postage would be cheap, and would be handy to have anyway. If you live in Aust, I could send you a spare TX.
TL, DR? - my money's on the RX PCB.
Good Luck, and maybe someone else can shed more light on this. Haven't heard of this exact problem in 237 pages(!)
- John

Edit: have you actually checked the battery voltage after a cutout? - if it were faulty, or had a high internal resistance it could cause the problem - that part of BGs advice I do agree with.....but haven't had a faulty one yet.
Thanks John for your kindly offer!
I didn't really blindly rotate the heli till LVC ( I don't know whether F45 has LVC
or not). Actually, I used the multimeter to measure the battery every 2 or 3 mins.
Anyway, the binding kept lost from time to time. So I will let the battery only go
down to around 7.0V, and considered it as empty and recharged it till green LED
on charger shown. The voltage shows as 8.44V when it's fully charged. This
process (rotating) took around 12 to 15 mins. Hence I thought that battery is in
good shape, otherwise, it can not support the rotating so long.

I reported all my tests back to Banggood. They decided to send me a pair of
new Rx and Tx to help me to fix it. This may take several weeks.

I will report back here of the results. Appreciated all advices I got here from your
folks!

Regards
jeffteeh is offline Find More Posts by jeffteeh
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:13 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Jeffteeh
Glad to hear you didn't go the whole hog with the discharge!
Though the Li Ion batteries are more tolerant to extremes. Actually accidentally discharged one to 3v total (not per cell) - after recharge, worked fine.
A shame you have to wait for BG's spares to arrive - but (so far) I've found them very helpful when things go wrong. Unfortunately, really slow too: but all part of the rich tapestry of buying from China.
One or the other will fix your heli, for sure - wait to hear how it goes.
Cheers
- John

PS - The LVC to loss of bind is a bit over 5v (benchtest PSU) if of interest to anyone.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Oct 06, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:15 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Wendouree
Joined Apr 2012
724 Posts
Quote:
PS - The LVC to loss of bind is a bit over 5v (benchtest PSU) if of interest to anyone.
My guess is the core of the PCB electronics run at 5v, so when the battery gets too close to 5v the voltage converter can no longer supply the steady 5v.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:51 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoersender View Post
It's done
Brushless main motor mod:
F45 - goes brushless. Read more

Completed it yesterday... it works like a charm

Brushless tail parts are ready to be used:

Hi guys,

I bought same BL tail modification parts. I was not able to make them function well, until i changed the tail FET from the PCB. The power of the BL tail motor was cut off when i pushed more than 50% power
I took little bit bigger FET from my DH9104:s board and now it works perfect....and it was pretty easy to change. I didn't fix the new FET straight to board....its behind 2cm wires.
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:19 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Slothy -

That's it, exactly

Tumppi T -

Congratulations! - along with Hinnerk, another (but different) path is beaten to the fully BL F45.
I've ordered most of the bits, but would appreciate a link to the prop if you have it handy. Good tip on the FET, found the same problem with the bench mockup. Using a STP16NE06 for tests - seems good so far.
- john
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:29 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Slothy -

That's it, exactly

Tumppi T -

Congratulations! - along with Hinnerk, another (but different) path is beaten to the fully BL F45.
I've ordered most of the bits, but would appreciate a link to the prop if you have it handy. Good tip on the FET, found the same problem with the bench mockup. Using a STP16NE06 for tests - seems good so far.
- john
That's the prop:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/320957119364?...84.m1439.l2649
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:32 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Ordering! - ty
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:36 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Ordering! - ty
Since I'm not such a big electronics geek, what are the specs a replacement mosfet needs?
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:47 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
For my mockup, 60V N-chan 16A (STP16NE06), but this hasn't been tested IRL yet. At a pinch, I'd think you could probably reuse the mosfet driving the old (brushed) motor too.

Also -
A 'green' use for the old horizontal stab support tubes - go really well as landing skids, especially with coathanger wire shoved up the middle. Haven't broken yet!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Oct 07, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:30 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
For my mockup, 60V N-chan 16A, but this hasn't been tested IRL yet. At a pinch, I'd think you could probably reuse the mosfet driving the old (brushed) motor too.

Also -
A 'green' use for the old horizontal stab support tubes - go really well as landing skids, especially with coathanger wire shoved up the middle. Haven't broken yet!
I am also confused. I though you would only be using the original tail motor output as the signal through the signal converter and supplying the power to the tail motor from the ESC. Why would this cause the fet to cutout?
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:42 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Frankly, I don't know yet. Only got the bench mockup going yesterday, with a dummy load in place of the prop. Also, am not using the same converter as Tumppi T: bit of a homebrew.
But I did run into the same problem, which the higher power mosfet cured similarly.
I'll revisit the project when my 'proper' bits get here
- John
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:51 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
The bits I've ordered -

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_3800kv.html

http://helidirect.com/xtreme-brushed...er-p-19238.hdx

And from Tumppi T

http://www.ebay.de/itm/320957119364?...84.m1439.l2649

Hope these do the trick.

Edit: I'll recheck the old tail rotor mosfet: perhaps I just damaged it when wiring/ experimenting with the PCA. Was tired!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Oct 07, 2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:56 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
I have a 1500kv and a 2000kv to try. I have the same converter.
I was going to modify the stock prop just to see if that will work.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk