HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:23 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Just tested and it worked fine... SOOOO hard to cancel it...
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:35 PM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
58 Posts
Different computer worked! Thanks.

Mcrites- just order it!
pcassociate is offline Find More Posts by pcassociate
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:35 PM
Joined Dec 2007
79 Posts
Pitch / Roll coupling issue solved by HF with new fw 1.9 rev2 :

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/ent...Firmware-1-9r2

Regards,
Jim.
jimbril is offline Find More Posts by jimbril
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:17 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,373 Posts
Just did a few flights in the backyard to test out HF firmware 1.9 v2 and there is still some roll coupling going on. It's hard to tell because of my small flying space, but it seems to be less then before, but still there. I'll test it out more this weekend when I go out flying.
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:58 AM
Joined Dec 2007
79 Posts
Daloaf,

The fix was about the unwanted roll (aileron) movements during pitch (elevator) inputs and vice-versa (on some mounting positions). It's not about the older yaw coupling (horizon drift) . Are you sure you are getting unwanted roll movements when you go forth or back (elevator input), or unwanted pitch movements when you fly sideways (aileron input)? Also, you can test this on the bench (motors off). I've bench tested it and the pitch / roll coupling is definitely gone with fw 1.9 rev2.

Regards,
Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
Just did a few flights in the backyard to test out HF firmware 1.9 v2 and there is still some roll coupling going on. It's hard to tell because of my small flying space, but it seems to be less then before, but still there. I'll test it out more this weekend when I go out flying.
jimbril is offline Find More Posts by jimbril
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:04 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbril View Post
Daloaf,

The fix was about the unwanted roll (aileron) movements during pitch (elevator) inputs and vice-versa (on some mounting positions). It's not about the older yaw coupling (horizon drift) . Are you sure you are getting unwanted roll movements when you go forth or back (elevator input), or unwanted pitch movements when you fly sideways (aileron input)? Also, you can test this on the bench (motors off). I've bench tested it and the pitch / roll coupling is definitely gone with fw 1.9 rev2.

Regards,
Jim.
Ahh ok. Well that's too bad. I never really had a issue with the roll coupling with pitch movement on 1.03 firmware. At least not that I noticed. I was thinking the horizon tilt when flying sideways (yaw) was fixed as that is the real problem I have been having. Oh well, hopefully you guys figure that issue out some day. Thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:14 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,303 Posts
What's the latest on the TAROT Gimbal Stabilization System ?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:22 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,404 Posts
Gary is always preaching smaller props with naza. he is right. I just tested out some stiff 9" props. Ive tried 11" and 10" before but the rig never felt this locked stable and locked in. I also got rid of the last bit of vibes/jello on my camera as I am using stiffer carbon fiber props. I was using the carbon mix SF before now I have SF carbon fiber. My gimbal was unpowered today as my HFG board was returned to HF for assessment. This is the best my video has looked. Who needs gimbal control?? Looks good to me. If I power the gimbal via some channels on my TX/RX will it stay just as still as it does off? I might just use it as is with some pot control for the tilt. Anyway here is the clip.

camquad (2 min 29 sec)
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:23 PM
Destroyer of G-10
Joined Jul 2004
10,036 Posts
I love smaller prop setup for AP/AV. stable platform makes for better video no matter what. and higher diskload helps with windy situation. why i still use 9" on my shrimp.

with gopro3, you can really tell the difference with prop sound. if you listen, the latest sounds very smooth and constant. earlier ones did not. that is clear sounds of prop issues.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fun in the snow
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Message removed, dealing with Andrey directly...
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Last edited by c3d76; Feb 15, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:14 PM
Destroyer of G-10
Joined Jul 2004
10,036 Posts
Let me check something and get back to you ced. something does not seem right.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by askman; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
Let me check something and get back to you ced. something is not right.
Thanks Andrey!
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:02 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
I love smaller prop setup for AP/AV. stable platform makes for better video no matter what. and higher diskload helps with windy situation. why i still use 9" on my shrimp.

with gopro3, you can really tell the difference with prop sound. if you listen, the latest sounds very smooth and constant. earlier ones did not. that is clear sounds of prop issues.
I also agree on the smaller props and the Naza. With my Hengli HL44822's I can run 13x4 and 5 props without the motors even getting warm, but the copter feels much more smooth and stable with 11x5 carbon fiber props. Now I'm not pushing the motors at all and the lobster still has a ton of lifting power. Not quite the rocket ship it was with the 13" props, but it still climbs fast and is more stable coming down.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:17 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Hub Cap for the F550 and F450

Are there any US re-sellers for the Hub Cap and is DJI really the mfg. of this? I did a search here and Google and can find only the 1 Canadian re-seller .

A Carbon Fiber Hydro-dip would make one of these look very nice.

http://bradatech.com/xPedRobo/shop/i...products_id=93
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:21 PM
Destroyer of G-10
Joined Jul 2004
10,036 Posts
supposedly BT-HUBCAP550 is bradatech exclusive. I doubt it is DJI made. if you google it, only one that comes up with that part number is bradatech. someone is vacuforming it.

with 13" prop, you could lift another 3-4lb load matt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fun in the snow