HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2011, 03:25 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
Discussion
Breitling Super Constellation back in the air.

After she was grounded two years ago due to some major corosion in the main wing spar there where big doubts if she would ever fly again.
But the 30th of april she was born renewed. Wish a new paint job and flight ready.
Here is a picture of her on the day of the roll out.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Breit...d617aa7de25bbe

It is heart warming to see big companies spend money to keep these old beauties flying.
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:24 AM
United States, NJ, Browns Mills
Joined May 2005
1,697 Posts
Thank you, Coenraad. I have fond memories of seeing them in the air as a youth. My family lived under the approach for the NYC airports.

CD
Captain Dunsel is offline Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:05 AM
Joined Aug 2003
2,560 Posts
I remember seeing, hearing first, then seeing the sub hunter version routinely fly over. Then, they disappeared and I started seeing P-3's. I've also seen at an airshow, a restored Military Air Transport Constellation that was sweet.
HELModels is offline Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:27 AM
United States, VA, Hampton
Joined Aug 2006
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELModels View Post
I remember seeing, hearing first, then seeing the sub hunter version routinely fly over. Then, they disappeared and I started seeing P-3's. I've also seen at an airshow, a restored Military Air Transport Constellation that was sweet.
Unfortunately you'll never see that MATS Connie in the states again, nor see it fly again. It was sold to Korea and is currently sitting in a new paint scheme with no intent to fly it ever again. I was lucky enough to see it (and sit in it) up at the 2003 Peoria Airshow.
scottieshea is offline Find More Posts by scottieshea
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:35 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,768 Posts
In 1963 i went from Lackland AFB to Chanute AFB in a MATS connie, the one thing that sticks in my mind was it had a loose bulkhead in front of me and it rattled all the way.

They are sure a neat swoopy looking bird with the 3 fins and curvey fuse.

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don