Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:21 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAC1 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions?
You could lengthen and flatten your pitch curve to make it less sensitive (move the 75% point value down to the 50% point) but this would then move the hover point from 75-80 down and you may also need to adjust your throttle curve to compensate.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:59 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
got a link to those bearings you bought?
http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...718cb66aea1508
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:20 AM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Hello, I just got my MCP X a few days ago. I set up my DX6i with the recommended settings.

With these settings I need to have the collective at about 75-80% to maintain a hover. The response is very touchy when I move the stick up from there. Is this typical?

I have shifted the pitch curve up a bit which has been a help but I am not totally happy with it. There doesn't seem to be anything to adjust on the heli. Does anyone have any suggestions?
What you are describing sounds like a DX6i that isn't set up right. When you set the pitch travel adjust to 75% did you do it twice? Once with the throttle stick below mid stick and again with the throttle above mid stick? Both positions need to be set and it isn't clear from the mCP X manual that both settings need to be done.

I experienced the same behavior that you are because mine was wrong initially. Once I had the programming right it was much easier to fly.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:22 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Actually, I've come to find that 3/4 "up" throttle is the proper place for an upright hover with zero degrees pitch at 1/2 stick. That way there is NO change or jump in flight when flipping from Normal to Stunt 1 or Stunt 2 in the upper half of the collective/throttle stick travel. Took some getting used to as I've always set my helis up to hover at 1/2 stick back in my glow powered engine days.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:11 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
DAC-1,

I suggest you keep your pitch travel linear like the default setup but tweek the throttle curve. I found the sweet spot on mine to be:

N 0 27 54 75 100
ST-1 100 75 54 75 100
ST-2 100s
H 0s

Pitch curve:
N 25,25,50,75,100
ST-1&2 0,25,50,75,100 also Hold is the same for adjusting & measuring pitch

These settings give good altitude and RPM control over all for me so far.

YMMV, Don

Quote:
Hello, I just got my MCP X a few days ago. I set up my DX6i with the recommended settings.

With these settings I need to have the collective at about 75-80% to maintain a hover. The response is very touchy when I move the stick up from there. Is this typical?

I have shifted the pitch curve up a bit which has been a help but I am not totally happy with it. There doesn't seem to be anything to adjust on the heli. Does anyone have any suggestions?
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:02 PM
United Kingdom, Knutsford
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Quote:

Everyone has been adjusting the length of the pushrods (3 or 4 turns) so that it hovers at mid stick. The blades do not then look like they are at 0 pitch though
ihover is offline Find More Posts by ihover
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:04 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihover View Post
Everyone has been adjusting the length of the pushrods (3 or 4 turns) so that it hovers at mid stick.
Uh, no...they haven't...
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:05 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,230 Posts
Quote:
Everyone has been adjusting the length of the pushrods (3 or 4 turns) so that it hovers at mid stick. The blades do not then look like they are at 0 pitch though
No you dont want to do that...keep 0 pitch at mid stick. You should be able to hover around 70-75%. If you hover at 50% something is not set up right and for tranistioning to idle up you will have problems
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:08 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Uh, no...they haven't...
That's right.Shouldn't be hovering at mid-stick.Should be around 70-75 percent.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:10 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
That's right.Shouldn't be hovering at mid-stick.Should be around 70-75 percent.
Yup, don't want any unexpected jumps switching between the three flight modes at or above half stick...
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:14 PM
Skill Seeker
Cordelia, CA
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
Quote:
No, they've been adjusting them so they get zero pitch at mid-stick. They often come with a lot of negative pitch at mid-stick. Mine hovered at almost full-stick, out of the box...
VaderSS is offline Find More Posts by VaderSS
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:20 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSS View Post
No, they've been adjusting them so they get zero pitch at mid-stick. They often come with a lot of negative pitch at mid-stick. Mine hovered at almost full-stick, out of the box...
Mine took two full turns "out" on each link to move the swashplate up to zero at half stick.
Last edited by sviking; Mar 30, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:27 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Mine too two full turns "out" on each link to move the swashplate up to zero at half stick.
Mine has actually changed over time - I adjusted for zero pitch right when I got it, then I had to do another turn on all the links yesterday. I keep flying it with the heavy blades though - it's kinda zippy with those, but still precision is easier.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:48 PM
United Kingdom, Knutsford
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSS View Post
I have adjusted the push rods 3 turns for a hover at mid stick. In theory this should be when the blades are at 0deg pitch at mid stick, but I for one have found the pitch is say 15deg at mid stick which produces hover at mid stick. I use the bullet/FF blades, is this what everyone else is experiencing?
ihover is offline Find More Posts by ihover
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:50 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
i have adjusted the push rods 3 turns for a hover at mid stick. In theory this should be when the blades are at 0deg pitch at mid stick, but i for one have found the pitch is say 15deg at mid stick which produces hover at mid stick. I use the bullet/ff blades, is this what everyone else is experiencing?
huh?
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman