HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:08 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,503 Posts
Why go through the trouble of designing a 130 sized heli from scratch and keep the crappy motor driven tail? Do it right and do a VPDD tail if you wanna keep the motor drive tail and harness the efficency of variable pitch. Also just junk the mcpx board and go with a full on mini vbar clone modded to save weight like what I did for my v120.
joeclone is online now Find More Posts by joeclone
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:46 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2014
221 Posts
Im only making this because I want to build my own cf frame. But I do get what you mean. Its not meant as an extreme 3d machine, and the additional mechanism for vp tail would just complicate things, which I`d like to keep as simple as possible.
On the other hand my dd tails arent half as bad anymore as they used to be, none out of 3 wag and crisp response on all. Spent weeks tuning in those tails. I`d be hard pressed to go through the trouble of installing a vp tail when its not needed. If the heli already has it, great, but otherwise no. And I wouldnt dare to try and clone the V120. That is a beautifully perfect heli in my eyes, and I`d like to buy it someday and spec it to my liking, don`t wanna spoil the experience with a makeshift homemade clone, that`d be horrible.

This is more like what liftbag did with his 130x. Brushless tail for maintenance free 130x.

PS building the frame is a pain in the rear. Just started cutting some cf sheet, the whole table is already full of fine black dust and tolerances are zero. Might buy a cf frame lol. MH perhaps.

Edit yeah have to abandon the frame, my mask turned black and now the whole shed is full of cf dust, at first seems easy, just a few cuts here and there but actually theres more cutting and trimming than its worth it, and cf dust might be dangerous. Much healthier and economical to just buy a frame.

Need the cf frame, plastic has too much flex past a certain point...
Hugo Stiglitz is offline Find More Posts by Hugo Stiglitz
Last edited by Hugo Stiglitz; Oct 16, 2014 at 06:48 PM.