HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:08 PM
Montreal
Joined Aug 2009
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.hobbyb.com View Post
Have you flown it? Can you confirm it flies better than the Mirage 2000? I'm interested in this little bugger.

Cheers!
Jabberwocky_ is offline Find More Posts by Jabberwocky_
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:42 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,193 Posts
Just put paint on my kit version. It's a good deal for about $30. No warping and everything went together nice. I will update w/ flight report. So far so good!
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:13 AM
ILLSMOQ
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2004
87 Posts
Maidened mine. Running a 1300 4 cell, used a hobbyb 40 amp ESC, 2 hobbyb mg servos and a stock 50mm fan set. Had to mount the ESC and receiver outside at the top back of the plane to get the cg right. My oversized Set up was tricky to lay out but this plane flies fast and stable like a small Stryker and it really does scream.
KURTIST is offline Find More Posts by KURTIST
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KURTIST View Post
Maidened mine. Running a 1300 4 cell, used a hobbyb 40 amp ESC, 2 hobbyb mg servos and a stock 50mm fan set. Had to mount the ESC and receiver outside at the top back of the plane to get the cg right. My oversized Set up was tricky to lay out but this plane flies fast and stable like a small Stryker and it really does scream.
I am waiting on a Himaxx to put in mine but your report sounds good. Did it require any up-reflex for the ailerons like the mirage did? I ask because I have the kit version so I have no instruction book. I would hate to go out and do a nose-in on the first toss...
THANX
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:37 PM
ILLSMOQ
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2004
87 Posts
NO it's just like a stryker or sky fun very clean and fun to fly
KURTIST is offline Find More Posts by KURTIST
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:47 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
I am waiting on a Himaxx to put in mine but your report sounds good. Did it require any up-reflex for the ailerons like the mirage did? I ask because I have the kit version so I have no instruction book. I would hate to go out and do a nose-in on the first toss...
THANX
Manuals are here.
www.hobbyb.com is offline Find More Posts by www.hobbyb.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by www.hobbyb.com; Sep 17, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:32 AM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,429 Posts
re: manuals
Hmmm nice work HobbyB.

I see the Screamer's EDF hatch now uses magnets instead of screws to hold it in place.

I guess that means the EDF unit is kept it place with glue or other means now?
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:36 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,253 Posts
When will more be back in stock on your site?
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:37 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
73 Posts
The kit and airframe only versions are in stock. PNP will need more than one month I believe.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:07 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.hobbyb.com View Post
The kit and airframe only versions are in stock. PNP will need more than one month I believe.
Thanks, I bought the kit! What motor do you suggest for this EDF?
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:14 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
Thanks, I bought the kit! What motor do you suggest for this EDF?
Thank you. You can run on 3s or 4s with the stock 4300kv motor or you can try the 6000kv set up at Don's RC or effluxRC.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:30 AM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Feb 2009
4 Posts
I have 3 of the Screamer jets,and a (NANO VECTOR its a euro version) of the Screamer , i have to say in all honesty that they are little speed demons when combined with the stock fan and a 40a 2-6 esc and 14.8v 1000mah lipo battery,straight and level flight is well over 100mph and thrust ratio is well over 1.5 to 1. Hand launch is a gentle 45degree toss or hold straight up at full throtle and let go.i'm going to try a Wicked Dons balanced wemotec and 6000kv wicked motor combo in one of them.I am quite pleased with my Screamer jets and their flight performance.The jet flies great! stable and slow or zips around quite fast on the stock 30a esc with a 3s lipo, but turns in a missile with 40a esc and 4s lipo with unlimited vertical,so i fly it at 1/2 to 3/4 throtle for most of the flight. Extra large loops from straight n level flight no problem with a 4s pack .Hobby B you guys did a great job with the Screamer's and the Katana's!!!
LEGEND 60 is offline Find More Posts by LEGEND 60
Last edited by LEGEND 60; Jan 21, 2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: left out periods
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:48 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGEND 60 View Post
I have 3 of the Screamer jets,and a (NANO VECTOR its a euro version) of the Screamer , i have to say in all honesty that they are little speed demons when combined with the stock fan and a 40a 2-6 esc and 14.8v 1000mah lipo battery,straight and level flight is well over 100mph and thrust ratio is well over 1.5 to 1. Hand launch is a gentle 45degree toss or hold straight up at full throtle and let go.i'm going to try a Wicked Dons balanced wemotec and 6000kv wicked motor combo in one of them.I am quite pleased with my Screamer jets and their flight performance.The jet flies great! stable and slow or zips around quite fast on the stock 30a esc with a 3s lipo, but turns in a missile with 40a esc and 4s lipo with unlimited vertical,so i fly it at 1/2 to 3/4 throtle for most of the flight. Extra large loops from straight n level flight no problem with a 4s pack .Hobby B you guys did a great job with the Screamer's and the Katana's!!!
Thanks. Glad you like them.
Site Sponsor
Old May 24, 2013, 05:05 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
I am having problems getting the bottom cover off to put in my Fan. It`s like it is stuck...glued in i don`t think it is but it feels that way i have tried griping it from the hand holds as well as from the inlet lip with no luck Any tricks to get this off in one piece?

Thanks
Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old May 24, 2013, 07:06 PM
3 Strykers,your out !
Lurking Melbourne Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,299 Posts
Sounds like some residual glue from assembly (Factory) may have stuck the cover to the fuselage ?

The cover is held on by 2 magnets so it's possible glue from their installation is the culprit ?
There are 2 large foam flange areas either side of the fan recess with the magnet in the middle . I would imagine any residual glue on the flanges would stick the cover fast.

Didn't have the problem myself so can only suggest cutting around the hatch borders, mainly in from the sides, with a thin blade hobby knife or scalpel . Coming in from the sides note there is an angled step down (Pic 1) about 45 degrees.

If you can get a blade or knife internally through the exhaust duct and slide it between the cover and fuselage junction this may break /reduce the hold ?

Failing that, If you grip the cover from the sides and pull hard something should give internally .
I taped the cover on anyway because I upgraded to a slightly bigger alloy fan in this model cover anyway.

Good luck

jg
junglegym is online now Find More Posts by junglegym
Last edited by junglegym; May 25, 2013 at 03:27 AM.