HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:13 AM
Joined Dec 2013
279 Posts
Discussion
Wannabe' cops

This guy will learn the hard way that you can't jump people and put them in a choke-hold because they look like they are going to do something bad.

There must be something in the Florida water that turns people into instant vigilantes.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-assaulted-...230643501.html
Sonny McGhee is offline Find More Posts by Sonny McGhee
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:16 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,044 Posts
It appears the article author does not understand the term 'vigilante.'
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:23 AM
Joined Dec 2013
279 Posts
I think the author might also have started a sentence with a preposition.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:25 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,095 Posts
Read up on the attacker. Speaks volumes.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/01/21/f...t-gun-tackled/
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:29 AM
Joined Dec 2013
279 Posts
The funny part is that the guy was carrying a gun for protection, and it didn't do him any good when he needed it. Carriers must forget that attackers don't politely walk up and announce their intentions.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:31 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee View Post
The funny part is that the guy was carrying a gun for protection, and it didn't do him any good when he needed it. Carriers must forget that attackers don't politely walk up and announce their intentions.
It does not apply. There was not a 'reasonable person fear' evident. He did not 'need it' for the incident.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:34 AM
Joined Dec 2013
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
It does not apply. There was not a 'reasonable person fear' evident. He did not 'need it' for the incident.
I think if the guy pulled his gun and shot him, he could have claimed he had a reasonable fear of this person.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:43 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,095 Posts
Quote:
Double whoooosssshhh!

When you're an adult you understand the decision making processes and responsibilities of carrying a firearm. The CCW guy in this instance determined the cause of the attack and realized it wasn't a life or death situation. There was no reason to pull his firearm.

Responsible permit holder versus crazed, brainwashed, liberal. Point goes to the gun guy.

Oh, and for the race programmed types. Isn't it interesting the white guy assumed the black dude was up to no good?

Wall to wall fail.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:45 AM
Joined Dec 2013
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Double whoooosssshhh!

When you're an adult you understand the decision making processes and responsibilities of carrying a firearm. The CCW guy in this instance determined the cause of the attack and realized it wasn't a life or death situation. There was no reason to pull his firearm.

Responsible permit holder versus crazed, brainwashed, liberal. Point goes to the gun guy.

Oh, and for the race programmed types. Isn't it interesting the white guy assumed the black dude was up to no good?

Wall to wall fail.
Riiiiiiight. He didn't pull it cause he didn't want to.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:46 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,095 Posts
Quote:
I think if the guy pulled his gun and shot him, he could have claimed he had a reasonable fear of this person.
That would be a point for the authorities to decide. Having said that, most likely the CCW would have been justified to shoot the attacker. Glad it didn't happen. Would have been sweet if the innocent guy had shattered the moron's jaw, maybe broke some teeth just to wake him up to some realities.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:48 AM
Joined Dec 2013
279 Posts
Quote:
That would be a point for the authorities to decide. Having said that, most likely the CCW would have been justified to shoot the attacker. Glad it didn't happen. Would have been sweet if the innocent guy had shattered the moron's jaw, maybe broke some teeth just to wake him up to some realities.
I would have sued the guy for everything he, his parents, grandparents, and kids have.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:50 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,095 Posts
Quote:
Riiiiiiight. He didn't pull it cause he didn't want to.
He was yelling "I have a permit" during the encounter. He knew what was happening and correctly determined the threat level. He made the determination deadly force wasn't necessary . It's all there for the research.

Of course, we all know your lack of understanding on this subject so it's easy to see why this is over your head. That, and it doesn't fit your mis guided understanding.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:53 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,044 Posts
Quote:
Yes, that is possible. Given what I have read of the incident, I do not feel it had escalated to that level. Neither did the armed citizen evidently.

Anyone who attacks an armed citizen, unprovoked, as in this case, does take their life into their own hands.
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
382 Posts
Quote:
It is entirely like likely that if he did pull his gun and shoot him he would have been justified under Florida law. Anyway, you are making a lot of assumptions about what he the CCW guy was thinking.
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,095 Posts
Quote:
I would have sued the guy for everything he, his parents, grandparents, and kids have.
Which guy sues? The attacker if he got his butt handed to him on a plate? Sorry, that's not how it works.

The innocent guy suing the attacker? That may very well happen. Hope so myself.