SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:26 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
182 Posts
Discussion
Red Wing Prime

Just received my Red Wing Prime 39" EPP from Value Hobby. The box was not in the best condition when it arrived. (Thanks USPS) However, the plane was fine. Built it in a few hours. Instructions are not great, good thing there are some build videos. Now that is is built there would be a couple changes I would make in how I built it. But I think it will fly just fine. Will maiden in the morning at a local field close by. Here are some pics of the new build.. Enjoy!!

Keep'em flying!!
Kevin
Kevin_JaxFl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2014, 05:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
182 Posts
Took it out for the maiden today. Real windy though at the field I was flying at. 8 to 12 mph with gust. Too much wind for my taste. So one pack was enough for today. Hopefully NYD will be better. I will go out to my normal flying field. Did not break the plane so this was a good day.

Keep'em flying...
Kevin
Old Dec 28, 2014, 09:32 PM
Joined Aug 2006
376 Posts
That kind of wind depending on the strength of the gusts is about normal for my part of the USA----Nebraska. I would expect to be flying my larger foamies without hesitation.......but, not the smaller one's. It is more work and less fun when the wind is above 10 MPH.
Garyss is online now Find More Posts by Garyss
Old Dec 29, 2014, 08:33 AM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
779 Posts
Do you ever fly at JAXRC?
lowkeylaidback is online now Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:15 AM
Joined Jan 2013
182 Posts
I do. Been out there many times.. May be out there Thursday NYD, weather pending.
Old Jan 01, 2015, 03:44 PM
Joined Jan 2013
182 Posts
Second and true maiden flight today. Not allot of wind. It was fun.. First battery I had zero problems. Flips, loops, knife edge.... Smacked the ground a couple times on the second battery. Durability test show the aircraft has promise. Just wish the props were as durable. Broke one prop. Ran a 9x6e the first flight and a 10x4.7 the second. More lift on the 10x4.7.
Today definitely helped calm my nervous thumbs. Finally making the connection from Sim to real life flying. I think I will order more 10x4.7 and some 11X5.5 props, and some more batteries. Two is not enough..

Happy new year,
Kevin
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:29 PM
Joined Jan 2013
182 Posts
Was tired of having the battery weight on the side of the frame attached with hook and latch tape. The weight distribution was all wrong being on the one side. So I modified the battery location. Have seen it this way on some other models, so I thought why not try it on this one. I cut the slot so it is tight on the battery. Have to finagle it in a bit but it is a solid fit. If it does not work out well.. Buy another frame and start over.. Great plane for about $35..