Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetalix View Post
This is what Im talking about:

KK2.1.5 Throttle Problem
http://youtu.be/_MC7aLH4y_A
What happen when you stay at mid trottle but you move the craft (taking it on hand and move side to side, forward back) ?
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2015, 10:00 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aken View Post
Dial, I have tried with multiple different props that I balanced on a DuBro balancer. I even tried some TMotor Carbon Fiber props that are balanced "professionally". All seems to have the same result. And if it was the props, I would think that I would see/hear the vibration even when holding the battery or pressing down on the top. But there is virtually no vibration there, just a lot of wind. I even hooked it up to multiwiiconfig to see what the gyro was getting and it was very little vibration.

But like I say, as soon as it starts to actually hover you can literally see the tail section vibrating/resonating and it makes a very audible buzz. I have been playing with different size props too and it seems to happen regardless of using 8x5.5 carbon fiber, 8x4.5 HQ, 9x4.5 APC, 10x3.3 TMotor... they all seem to do the same thing. And the motors get really hot really quick.

Its really bumming me out as I just don't know what else to do. Frame looks good, all screws tight, no cracks, VTail support in place and tight.

Also of note, I had started with Sunnysky 1500kv 2208's but since I could not track this down I replaced those with TMotor 1100kv 2212's thinking maybe it was motor related. No dice.

FC is a Flyduino Nanowii and escs are Flyduino KISS 18a

Any other help or suggestions would be appreciated. Otherwise, I just may have to part it out.
One thing you might want to try is to activate the Filter in MultiWii (config.h). Look to find the below section in your config.h and deffine the second section since you have a MPU6050 sensor and start with the 188HZ and to up one at a time.

Code:
/**************************************************************************************/
  /********                              Gyro filters                ********************/
  /**************************************************************************************/

/*********************    Lowpass filter for some gyros    ****************************/
      /* ITG3200 & ITG3205 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
         to decrease the LPF frequency, only one step per try. As soon as twitching gone, stick with that setting.
         It will not help on feedback wobbles, so change only when copter is randomly twiching and all dampening and
         balancing options ran out. Uncomment only one option!
         IMPORTANT! Change low pass filter setting changes PID behaviour, so retune your PID's after changing LPF.*/
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_188HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_98HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_20HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_10HZ      // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props

/* MPU6050 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
         to decrease the LPF frequency, only one step per try. As soon as twitching gone, stick with that setting.
         It will not help on feedback wobbles, so change only when copter is randomly twiching and all dampening and
         IMPORTANT! Change low pass filter setting changes PID behaviour, so retune your PID's after changing LPF.*/
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_188HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_98HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_20HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_10HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_5HZ       // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2015, 10:43 AM
90% Attitude on Team Warpsquad
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2014
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
One thing you might want to try is to activate the Filter in MultiWii (config.h). Look to find the below section in your config.h and deffine the second section since you have a MPU6050 sensor and start with the 188HZ and to up one at a time.

Code:
  /********                              Gyro filters                ********************/

/*********************    Lowpass filter for some gyros    ****************************/
      /* ITG3200 & ITG3205 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_188HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_98HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_20HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_10HZ      // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props

/* MPU6050 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_188HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_98HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_20HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_10HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_5HZ       // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props
Roger that. I will give that a try. I think it is at the default right now which is probably 42.

I also had a thought that maybe I should decrease the P value on YAW... since its the tail that is vibrating and not the from perhaps its a crazy YAW oscillation.

Thanks for the advice
Aken is online now Find More Posts by Aken
Old Jan 08, 2015, 10:53 AM
Joined Jun 2014
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynam View Post
Hi, I want to build the 500 size v-tail , I want tone use the witespy pro board version 3.0 can someone please post a good working sketch , or refer me to one or email one to me please .
gsimplice@yahoo.com .
thanks guys
You can download a base Multiwii sketch for the Hunter VTail 500 from here:
http://www.lynxmotion.com/s-4-electr...uides.aspx#UAV

That should give you a good base to start playing with.
Old Jan 08, 2015, 01:42 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,885 Posts
Quote:
Roger that. I will give that a try. I think it is at the default right now which is probably 42.

I also had a thought that maybe I should decrease the P value on YAW... since its the tail that is vibrating and not the from perhaps its a crazy YAW oscillation.

Thanks for the advice
Quote:
You can download a base Multiwii sketch for the Hunter VTail 500 from here:
http://www.lynxmotion.com/s-4-electr...uides.aspx#UAV

That should give you a good base to start playing with.
Yes exactly where i was going, the file is for our MWC which use a MPU6050 as well so you should be good with only "define" the right flight controller in "config.h" to make it work on your NanoWii board.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2015, 05:00 PM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
Transmitter Setup for V-Tail

Hi, I'm new to UAVs, but have a background in electrical engineering, and picked up the V-Tail 500 kit from lynxmotion because starting with a kit seemed like the simplest thing to do. In going through the setup for the MultiWii Software Configuration I get to a point where the setup guide from Lynxmotion asks me to do the end point calibration for my transmitter, but it seems to me like there should be some initial setup steps for setting up the transmitter that I've probably missed. Can anyone give me some pointers or point me to a guide for beginners on how to setup the transmitter? Thanks for your help!
njcox33 is offline Find More Posts by njcox33
Old Jan 18, 2015, 09:59 PM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
New Tx Help

Was looking into getting a newer 8 or 9ch tx for my V-Tail, was debating between the Turnigy 9xR or the Devo8s.. anyone have any insight on whether or not these are compatible with the Hunter V-Tail?.. or any better suggestions? Trying to stay in the $100-$150 range..
TaylorH15 is offline Find More Posts by TaylorH15
Old Jan 19, 2015, 03:37 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2013
20 Posts
Hey everyone hope all is well.. could use some guidence re my hunter V tail.. i just finished its build and i very happy with its mean look... thank you to dialfonzo on a hot V tail. Now heres where im lost i a kk2 brd and a Aurora 9 radio and ive bind them but im lost what should my radio be on.. acro or helli im lost at this point on all help is apreciated. thanks
AXEL6444 is offline Find More Posts by AXEL6444
Old Jan 19, 2015, 09:03 AM
Joined Jun 2014
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEL6444 View Post
Hey everyone hope all is well.. could use some guidence re my hunter V tail.. i just finished its build and i very happy with its mean look... thank you to dialfonzo on a hot V tail. Now heres where im lost i a kk2 brd and a Aurora 9 radio and ive bind them but im lost what should my radio be on.. acro or helli im lost at this point on all help is apreciated. thanks
I don't have experience with the kk2 however I believe that typically multirotors are flown with Acro (plane) profiles. The TX heli profiles do a bunch of server mixing for the swashplate on an actual heli, you don't have that on a multirotor. The kk2 board will handle all the motor mixing.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 02:05 PM
Joined Oct 2013
20 Posts
Thanks Aken so if im correct set my controler on Acro and figure from there..
Old Jan 19, 2015, 02:31 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,885 Posts
Quote:
Yes, plain Acro is the way to go.
As explained by Aken, the other modes only add mixing.

We need to send pure signals for each commands to the Flight Controller and all the maths will be handled by the controller..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2015, 02:35 PM
Joined Jun 2014
286 Posts
Quote:
Yes, create an Acro profile (newer spektrum txs now have a multirotor graphic that can be applied so I assume other brands do as well) and then you should be able to configure from there. Need to ensure that the channels are configured to perform the appropriate actions and set up your dual rates and expo according to your flying style (assuming your radio supports those features). Note you may need to reverse channels like Rudder, Aileron and Elevator. Hopefully the KK2 board has a way to show you what the TX is sending. Lots of helpful info about setting up the KK2 board on page 1 of this thread if you have not already read it.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 06:44 PM
Joined Oct 2013
20 Posts
thanks guys i will keep you posted..