Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 01, 2005, 03:50 PM
Joined Jan 2003
257 Posts
Kenhi Buzzard

I used to look fondly at this kit in a model shop. I never did aquire one although I really wanted to. Years have passed and I cannot remember seeing one built and flying. Does anyone remember this plane and by any chance anyone have plans for it?

Thanks
Ron
ronrange is offline Find More Posts by ronrange
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2011, 03:35 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Mar 2006
15 Posts
FWIW I have both the plane and the plans. The plane has never flown successfully, and the plans are falling apart. I still hope to get the plane flyable. There is/was someone from the DCRC club that flew/flies one. Sincerely, Richard
arcav8r is offline Find More Posts by arcav8r
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:59 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,064 Posts
I do remember this model a very, very long time ago. I could use the plans. Can you please get them scanned and post them here? We would appreciate it very much. Good luck!!
Edubarca is offline Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:57 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
199 Posts
Hello there from RCbobcat55@yahoo.com I have an original Buzzer'd kit with unopened plans which I have just used to produce a laser cut parts kit. I have 6 sets available which were cut by RC Robby and am in the process of redrawing the plans for an electric version. the kits are $100.00 shipped and we can make as many as are needed. I have always liked this design and have built about a dozen of them from scratch most of them at a reduced size (66") and all flew well. here is your chance to own and build one with perfectly fitting laser cut parts and plan sheets redrawn by me with over 30 years of drafting, design, and engineering background. feel free to e-mail me for info at RCbobcat55@yahoo.com Lastly, I donated two of them to the AMA museum many years back-one reduced size one with an old Leisure electric system in it and one original one a friend of mine found in the woods many years ago which I back engineered to draw the plans for the electric version.
rcbobcat55 is offline Find More Posts by rcbobcat55
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:01 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
199 Posts
Hello there from Bob M aka RCbobcat55@yahoo.com The person who flew the Buzzer"D purchased the plans from me. I am just now releasing a laser cut kit of parts and hand drawnplan sets which I redrew from an original kit a friend of mine owns-The person who most likely belonged to the DCRC club was Dave Burt who passed away a number of years back. I sold several dozen sets of plans for the 66"version at my booth at Toledo too many years back to admit. Anyone interested in a kit or info can e-mail me at RCbobcat55@yahoo.com Thanks for your time. Bob M...
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:40 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Nov 2008
195 Posts
Post a picture, never saw one!
mikempp is offline Find More Posts by mikempp
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
In the Dunes
Chesterton, IN
Joined Dec 2003
169 Posts
The Kenhi Buzzer'D plans are available through the AMA plans service.

Papermache
papermache is offline Find More Posts by papermache
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:46 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
199 Posts
Hello from RCbobcat55@yahoo.com I have a set of plans from the AMA and they are ok but none of the formers or ribs are on them and they were copied from an original that was very faded and in some places illegible but at least that is a place to start. I am not sure if I would want to sell just the plans as I spent a lot of time on them and they are drawn to use with my kits. I would consider it if enough people were interested. I have nearly 500.00 tied up in the first 6 kits due to cad time from my laser cutter,(RCrobby's services are very precise and reasonable), and materials; and that doesn't include my time for drawing them up or packing them in the boxes. Just thought I would let you know. Bob M.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
re: Kenhi Buzzard

I built and flew the Buzzard in Dec 1952 when I was nine years old. It had a SuperAerotrol single channel RC on 27MHz, with a double triode 3AG vacuum tube in the Tx and a Raytheon XFG-1 thyratron gas filled tube in the Rx operating a relay and a rubber powered escapement. here is a picture of it just before the wing broke in half pulling out of a dive in 1972. As you can see, I had the plane for 20 years. It originally had a Olson & Rice .23 on it but I switched it to a K&B .35 just before it crashed. I was flying with a World Engines 4 channel proportional RC set that I built from a kit, it cost 150 Dollars at the time. I got Bob's short kit and will build another one.
tedbmoss is offline Find More Posts by tedbmoss
Last edited by tedbmoss; Sep 10, 2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: changed years, added engine information
Old Sep 10, 2013, 06:43 PM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Here are some pictures of my current build of the Buzzard from Bob's partial kit.
(more below)
Last edited by tedbmoss; Sep 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 06:57 PM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Here are some pictures of my current build of the Buzzard from Bob's partial kit.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 02:21 AM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
I am still working on it.