HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2014, 09:00 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK View Post
I doubt you were vacuum bagging boards in the 80's Dick.
Didn't do boards, but were experimenting with fins and boards/rudders for the 18 Square.
Dick L. is offline Find More Posts by Dick L.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2014, 03:47 AM
United Kingdom, Stourbridge
Joined Nov 2012
217 Posts
discussion gone awat from its subject :-(
mark dicks is offline Find More Posts by mark dicks
Old Jun 25, 2014, 07:39 AM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,056 Posts
Well - we "could" bring WABoats in on this if it would help "keep it on track"!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 08:59 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Mar 2011
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L. View Post
Well - we "could" bring WABoats in on this if it would help "keep it on track"!
Might have to wait awhile, he has been sent to the sin bin, not sure what his sentence is this time.
tugboat2011 is offline Find More Posts by tugboat2011
Old Jun 25, 2014, 02:48 PM
United Kingdom, England, Enfield
Joined Jan 2012
777 Posts
I will just write this and then I'm gone.

It's quite obvious that my "I'm sick of waiting" post upset certain people and I apologise for that but it wasn't aimed at anyone here and it was definitely nothing personal at all.

However, the replies were directly aimed at me and were, in my opinion, rather insulting so I defended myself.

In simple terms, Buzz, Mark and Dick gave me some stick so I gave them some back.

I do realise that this has hijacked the thread so might I suggest that we ask a forum moderator to delete all the posts back to where the drama started so that you can all continue to discuss this boat without any further interruptions?

Seems the most sensible thing to do and being the owner of an online forum myself, I know it's perfectly possible.
BenVK is offline Find More Posts by BenVK
Old Jun 25, 2014, 03:55 PM
United Kingdom, Stourbridge
Joined Nov 2012
217 Posts
Ben

i apologise if my reply was taken as an insult. it was meant as a joke

Mark
mark dicks is offline Find More Posts by mark dicks
Old Jun 25, 2014, 04:38 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,056 Posts
Sorry Ben - but my response/suggestion stands.......

1. Write JOYSWAY who are responsible for manufacturing and shipping. I don't believe any of the guys on this forum have the ability to change their (JOYSWAY) productions schedules.

2, If you really MUST have a multihull now, you can always build it for yourself - and in your timeline/time frame. There are free plans available, there are hulls and kits available, so if you are impatient, the suggested alternatives were there.

Of course, building boards, which seems to be your stated, current priority, will pretty much eliminate Suggestion #2

Good luck - and perhaps you can give the boat another look when current priorities have lessened.

Cheers, Dick
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:11 AM
Vienna/Austria
Joined Jan 2009
999 Posts
Please stop argueing/quarreling.

All necessary datas are allready there:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=41

All my designs are for free - build one of the trimarans, or two mainhulls of any of them and you´ll have your catamaran. Or change the size, change the shape of the bow - or whatever modification you would like to have.

And if you are to lazy for scratchbuilding - or are just short of time - ask at www.rcsails.com for a kit.
Or find the patience to wait for the joysway cat to arrive.

It´s as simple as this.

Just my 5 cents.

Ernst Zemann
disabled is offline Find More Posts by disabled
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:29 AM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,242 Posts
Or we can wait for Joysway to come out with there DF65 Cat. They have done a great job with the DF65, I am sure it will be worth the wait. And at a reasonable price.
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:20 AM
-= Trojan Man =-
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jan 2012
856 Posts
Just checking in on pogress. I confess Im surprised no updates on this new cat. Oh, well. That is how it goes. I see there is some heated discussions regarding that. I am only going to say I have loads of faith in Joysway after purchasing a Dragon Force 65. Saying it is an amazing yacht is an understatement. I hope Joysway takes whatever time they need to develop this little cat. I know it wasnt meant to happen, but the first production runs of the Dragon Force had some quality issues. Miscommunication led to them being shipped and, as I understand it, the design team was not a part of that decision and not happy about it. Better they take time on this cat out of the gate so we arent Beta testing.

Im impatient for this cat, too. Talk about turning some heads when it is sailing out on the pond. It will be worth the wait. Im confident about that. I do hope it is soon, but dont rush, Joysway. Do it the right way!

Arycon is offline Find More Posts by Arycon
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:51 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Apr 2014
57 Posts
I hear the sound of many paws! Roumors of a feline invasion having left by sea, to a European island.

Can't confirm roumors, but source is sound.
BuzzColeman is online now Find More Posts by BuzzColeman
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:28 AM
Joined Oct 2013
34 Posts
Nice. One step closer
Kyle59 is offline Find More Posts by Kyle59
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2011
580 Posts
dobydog6507 is offline Find More Posts by dobydog6507