Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:45 AM
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Jul 2012
47 Posts
Discussion
TopModel Aggressor 240

I recently purchased an Aggressor 240. It is advertised as an F3A/3D model. I like the pattern characteristics of it and I'm not interested in the 3D aspect. It is still in the box and assembly will probably begin in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this plane? The other question I have is that IAW the directions the wings are plug in and are held onto the fuse with a rubberband vice bolt on wings which is what I would have expected for an airframe of this size. I'm considering modifying this for a bolt on configuration...thoughts? Here is a link to the plane:
http://www.espritmodel.com/aggressor-arf-special.aspx

Dave
TheDavecal is offline Find More Posts by TheDavecal
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:27 AM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDavecal View Post
I recently purchased an Aggressor 240. It is advertised as an F3A/3D model. I like the pattern characteristics of it and I'm not interested in the 3D aspect. It is still in the box and assembly will probably begin in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this plane? The other question I have is that IAW the directions the wings are plug in and are held onto the fuse with a rubberband vice bolt on wings which is what I would have expected for an airframe of this size. I'm considering modifying this for a bolt on configuration...thoughts? Here is a link to the plane:
http://www.espritmodel.com/aggressor-arf-special.aspx

Dave
It's pretty light for a plane that size...I'm betting it will be more suited for 3D than F3A. All in all, looks like a good price point. I would not be worried about building it light, for pattern flying a little weight can help stability, especially in the wind. JMHO. As far as the rubber bands...either use several for insurance or use steel springs (2 for redundancy). Thumbscrews can come loose, too. Keep us posted!
Da Big_G is offline Find More Posts by Da Big_G