HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:41 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Discussion
anyone know about davis iss weather stations for home use?

Figured I would ask this on the glider section.

I am about 1 mile from my flying site and I have thought about getting one if those home weather stations. Since I am dropping cable this spring that gives me a good opportunity to put a whole bunch if nerd toys on the roof, planning on adding wireless also.

Anyways a quick check on the davis stuff says that its really good and in the region of buy once cry once.

The things I am looking for
-accuracy
-reliabilty, I don't ever want to have to go up on the roof once its up there. Short of physical damage.
-ease of use with the display

Been looking at the iss and provantage2
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:11 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,239 Posts
You may want to browse the weather underground site. A lot of their reporting stations are home based. http://www.wunderground.com/

Most stations will have link to what equipment they are using and you can see their capabilities.

My favorite local station in Phoenix, AZ is Pepper Ridge:
http://www.pepperridgenorthvalley.com/wdlive/index.html

BP
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp