alex111 is offline Find More Posts by alex111
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: hey
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:00 PM
RC Enthusiast
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Just asking because in the review it stated a drain plug.
dantt99 is offline Find More Posts by dantt99
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:01 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Ok yeah I believe he installed it himself. I'd reccommend it, for sure.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:28 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,661 Posts
Well I bought 3 of them for me and my sons. Sorry no video of us running together yet as 2 seconds into the first try my 2 kids crashed and put a hole through the hull of one of the boats. Got it repaired though.

I gotta say I like these boats, great bang for the buck. They can't go too fast in the chop though, but maybe I just have to trim it different or something. Lake is hopefully going to ice up soon, so I don't know how much more testing I will get in. I shot two videos today, first of my boat, then my sons with the repair.

I am a little disappointed in the "breakaway" rudder system. In the first video here, you will see I lose steering. The arm going from the rudder to the servo rod snapped in half. I think this is because the breakaway rudder can "break" sideways, and not just straight back. Going to have to see how I am going to fix this, I am open to suggestions. I think Aquacraft should change this design so the rudder can only "break" back and up, not sideways by putting it on an adjustable hing, similar to what I have on my old tornado. The little o-ring rudder saver is a little cheesy for this fast little boat.

So in the first video I sharpened the stock prop a little, and there was way less cavitation, and what seemed to be a better top speed. In the second video I used a x430 sharpened and balanced prop. You can be the judge. When I can I will be hooking up my eagle tree into these little suckers to see whats going on.

aquacraft minimono with sharpened prop-stock 1300mah (3 min 1 sec)

minimono with x430 prop sharpened and balanced (7 min 19 sec)
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:25 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 The X430 worked great!
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:24 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,661 Posts
I really didn't notice if was faster or not. The first video I was hampered by waves, so I couldn't open it up. soon enough I will do some testing. Just sharpening the plastic prop works wonders.
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Jan 03, 2012, 08:03 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Yeah.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:40 PM
tmaxx, pz F4f, Mnimono, mcpx,
Orange County, CA
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Anyone got any minimono stories? Mines been on the shelf for 2 months. Been thinking about taking it out.
m3n00b is offline Find More Posts by m3n00b
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:19 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Me and my son have had his out twice...........i have a S+B octura x432 on it and it really goes well for a small boat. The tiny 20a ESC hasnt gotton hot once yet................good little boat.

He's flipped it twice and with the "easy to tape hatch" it hasnt gotton 1 drop in it.
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old May 02, 2012, 05:51 PM
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined Feb 2006
345 Posts
Problems

The Indianapolis Admirals MBC decided to replace the slower Mini Rio fleet with these clearly faster boats as a club racer. 14 Minimono boats in the club as of now. Big problems though!
The driveshafts will not stay secured to the coupler and will loosen and fail by pulling themselves out of the stuffing tube.
We have also had the solder joint for the piano wire shaft break at the drive dog end of the shaft.
Get parts? Not likely very soon. End of May for replacement driveshafts and couplers. Same for busted rudders. Not in stock.
Swift16 is offline Find More Posts by Swift16
Last edited by Swift16; May 02, 2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: add detail
Old May 02, 2012, 06:40 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Wow thats patetic!! Fix them!!
Old May 03, 2012, 09:40 PM
Ohio
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
I'm thinking of getting this boat...can you help me pick out a battery? I'm looking for a quality but lower price Lipo. What should I get?

It takes a "LiPo Battery: 11.1V 1000-1600mAh LiPo battery with Deans Ultra plug" ???

Will this battery work? Does it look like a Dean's Plug in the picture? Or Link...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Thanks for your help,
Kent55 is offline Find More Posts by Kent55
Old May 03, 2012, 09:50 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Thats xt60. The battery will work, but not the plug. If yiu're good at soldering, order the T connectors from HK and solder them on or have someone else do it.
Old May 04, 2012, 12:28 AM
Captain - Team Hoser
Ottawa, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift16 View Post
The Indianapolis Admirals MBC decided to replace the slower Mini Rio fleet with these clearly faster boats as a club racer. 14 Minimono boats in the club as of now. Big problems though!
The driveshafts will not stay secured to the coupler and will loosen and fail by pulling themselves out of the stuffing tube.
We have also had the solder joint for the piano wire shaft break at the drive dog end of the shaft.
Get parts? Not likely very soon. End of May for replacement driveshafts and couplers. Same for busted rudders. Not in stock.
Interesting. Just bought one for my son last week and had the exact same problem. We were on vacation for the week and the poor guy only got to run it a couple of times before the driveshaft and prop were lost. Discouraging to hear that a replacement part, when available, may lead to the same result. Please keep us posted if you find a solution to this issue.

Thanks,
Ian
ijames23 is offline Find More Posts by ijames23
Last edited by ijames23; May 04, 2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old May 04, 2012, 01:59 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent55 View Post
I'm thinking of getting this boat...can you help me pick out a battery? I'm looking for a quality but lower price Lipo. What should I get?

It takes a "LiPo Battery: 11.1V 1000-1600mAh LiPo battery with Deans Ultra plug" ???

Will this battery work? Does it look like a Dean's Plug in the picture? Or Link...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Thanks for your help,
Good battery at a good price? I like the Rhino's thats been sold at HK. I've got 4 of them and they are working harder than they should, no puffing so far

I would not remove the XT60 on the battery. I will rather upgrade the deans on the boat to XT60. I run XT60's in everything I've got. My BJ26 has got 4MM connectors though.
SARCFAN is offline Find More Posts by SARCFAN