SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 26, 2014, 08:59 AM
United States, FL, Hudson
Joined Apr 2013
859 Posts
Discussion
It's not UM but gradnsons flying new quads

I've told some of you guys that I was going to give my grandsons my old DX6I radios along with a quad copter and a single rotor for Christmas. I also had to get the each a Lipo charger (Thunder AC6) batteries and some propellers. You know how it is when youíre starting out. Seems like you can't have enough propellers?

One of the videos is really scary when Nolan nearly takes his head off. Made me wonder if I had done the right thing. But all turned out well. The grandkids are all great. I'm the luckiest man in the world to have a family like I've got.

Anyway you may be interested to see a new generation of RC's coming up?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas - Like me.

Check my blog for the videos!

jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2014, 09:16 AM
United States, NH, Hooksett
Joined Jul 2014
42 Posts
That's great, Jack! Maybe add in a big box of Band-Aids?

I gave my 24 year old son a used DX6i and a new Sport Cub S yesterday. I'm hoping this will save wear and tear on my own planes. Have a great holiday.
Shoetec is offline Find More Posts by Shoetec
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:10 AM
United States, FL, Hudson
Joined Apr 2013
859 Posts
Shoetec :

I have found that my phone and email have been really busy as Baily calls almost every 10 or 15 minutes. The asking so many questions. Damn they are great kids. It's hard for me to believe they from my gene pool?

Baily just fly the color off his Whirlwind. I don't know how high he got but it scared me. He was so high I could not tell the front from the back. Baily had a GoPro hero4 on the front (His Mod) and it was talking to his brotherís smart phone. So we were watching what the quad was looking at? I thought I was going to teach the kids but as it turned out they showed me stuff I'd never heard of. Brandon said he'd send me the video. When I get it I'll you tube it so all can see.

Baily was so high you could see the Gulf of Mexico. On Baily's last flight I think about 18:00 he got confused and was looking at the front of the quad and thought he was seeing the back.. As a result of that he crashed in the street and cleaned off the raised landing gear. Good thing I talked him into moving the GoPro to the top of the frame rather the under as he had it. Anyway fun was had by all. Even Baily's dad had fun. He's not a toy person. But get this.

I told Baily that now is the time to be introduced to the parts supplier. Told mom and dad to get the card out. We went online to Xheli and I showed him how to find the parts you need. He found the arms, replacement raised landing gear and Props. Lots of props. They cleaned me out. In fact they removed a CW 10x4 from my only remaining quad. So this morning I had to also buy some more propellers.

I tried to get to HK because I like the three blade 9x4.5x3 but I can't get it to do the check out. Just locks up. SO I spent more and went to Xheli.

Later - jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member