SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2015, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by Mark42
Joined Jan 2015
2 Posts
Help!
Parkzone Archer RTF - Canopy won't open

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum. Just got a new Archer rtf and when I unboxed it I found out that the canopy will not open. The wire antenna that is supposed to release it does not. The antenna moves up and down, but did not release the canopy. I was wiggleing it about and it popped out. Now I can't get the canopy off at all! Is there a way I can release the canopy with a piece of wire or blade? Unfortunatelly, it was never open so I don't know what the mechanism looks like from inside. Makes things more difficult.

I'd rather not have to return the plane over this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mark.

PS I did search the forum for a similar problem but didn't find one.
Mark42 is offline Find More Posts by Mark42
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2015, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by Mark42
Joined Jan 2015
2 Posts
Resolved!
The antenna is not needed to open the canopy. If it comes out, just use a small screw driver and press down on the piece the antenna was inserted in. The canopy will pop open. note that the antenna is not a lever action to open, it is a push straight down action.. Because the antenna is at an angle, it tends to "lever" and break the plastic it was inserted into.
Mark42 is offline Find More Posts by Mark42
Old Jan 12, 2015, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by 55Cobra
United States, NC, Whispering Pines
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Yes, I myself had a hard time figuring that out, almost broke it off myself. Have fun with the Archer, it flys well. I use it to warm up before I go to my balsa models. Get about 10 minutes on the stock batteries.
55Cobra is offline Find More Posts by 55Cobra