Old Apr 27, 2015, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
The 74" is designed for a crossed system if you do it parallel, it will rub on the sides.

SteveT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
cross them. it's the way I do it on 100% of my 3DHS planes, never had a problem.
that's how I did it . I just fit the small control arms and it has a small offset from the hinge. I also used a 2.5" arm with offset and I get a small slack on the unloaded side...
I already started tidying the plane up because I rushed to finish her last season and I wasn't happy with my craftsmanship. I got the rudder control arm moved so the arm centrelines are at the pivot point and I am going to use a carbon servo arm and drill the exact distance from the rudder arm centreline and create new slices on the fuse so that the pull pull wires will pass through them.

Arron what offset arm do you use? do you get any slack on the unloaded side?
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2015, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
30,522 Posts
This is the one I use, and as you can see on the 75" Extra thread, there is no slack either direction.. As you can see, I used the inner holes....

SteveT,
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Apr 28, 2015 at 12:39 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
that's how I did it . I just fit the small control arms and it has a small offset from the hinge. I also used a 2.5" arm with offset and I get a small slack on the unloaded side...
I already started tidying the plane up because I rushed to finish her last season and I wasn't happy with my craftsmanship. I got the rudder control arm moved so the arm centrelines are at the pivot point and I am going to use a carbon servo arm and drill the exact distance from the rudder arm centreline and create new slices on the fuse so that the pull pull wires will pass through them.

Arron what offset arm do you use? do you get any slack on the unloaded side?
that size, I often use just straight arms or SpotOnRc arms. yup, straight arms go slack, but that's never a problem because the surface is always loaded, and the lines are taught at center where it's actually needed.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,240 Posts
Hear ya both.. but the parallel setup is the ideal setup - no slack whatsoever. Its easier to do the mods now that the plane is in bits & If I find a snag doing in parallel ... maybe once im done with the other mods to try flying it as is ( the rudder arm is fixed and now rotating at the hinge pivot point)
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:34 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
30,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhflyer View Post
Thanks Steve, appreciate your info.

Yep, it has the nice flag graphics. I bought this plane from Oly up in Santa Rosa.

I wonder where 3DHS gets the carbon tubes that go in center of the airframes. I'll have to search around ebay to see if I can find this size.

I think I'll give it a week or so to see if anyone might have a wing before I buy new from 3DHS.
Does this look familiar??

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by camoy
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Steve, appreciate your info.

Yep, it has the nice flag graphics. I bought this plane from Oly up in Santa Rosa.

I wonder where 3DHS gets the carbon tubes that go in center of the airframes. I'll have to search around ebay to see if I can find this size.

I think I'll give it a week or so to see if anyone might have a wing before I buy new from 3DHS.
I have the wing tube from a 74 edge let me look and see if it is the same length or at least longer
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by dhflyer
Modesto CA
Joined Jan 2005
52 Posts
Steve -

You put together one sweet plane !

I just need to get her back together and back in the air. I guess Doug liked the scheme, his is a mirror image.

I did find some carbon tubes on ebay that the wing tube should fit so I can replace the tube in the wing. I'm going to give the repair a shot before I buy a new wing.
The wing tube is 18mm O.D. and I found some tubes with 18mm inside diameter.

Just curious, did you put the external fan to cool the motor or was that added by Oly? It's an ingenious idea.

Don
dhflyer is online now Find More Posts by dhflyer
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:10 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
30,522 Posts
Quote:
Steve -

You put together one sweet plane !

I just need to get her back together and back in the air. I guess Doug liked the scheme, his is a mirror image.

I did find some carbon tubes on ebay that the wing tube should fit so I can replace the tube in the wing. I'm going to give the repair a shot before I buy a new wing.
The wing tube is 18mm O.D. and I found some tubes with 18mm inside diameter.

Just curious, did you put the external fan to cool the motor or was that added by Oly? It's an ingenious idea.

Don
Oly must have done that... What motor did it have in it when you bought it? Just wondered if he had changed it? If it still has the A60-6XS in it, that is the first A60-6XS sold to a consumer in the U.S. I bought it from AeroModel, literally an hour or so after they first got them in stock...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...