HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2014, 02:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,312 Posts
Last Nose Wheel Adjustment

Just a few more photos of what I believe to be the last adjustments to the steerable nose wheel.
Those who may venture this direction can use what I have learned to set your ship up and not spend a lot of time experimenting other than learning the ground roll. If you are proficient at slow 360 degree hovering circles the wheels will be a piece of cake to taxi.

In the photos you can see I have drilled the control horn and attached and the Gold-N-Rod to that inner most hole.
This speeds up the turning ability of the nose wheel and allows it to turn farther just as this type of adjustment would have affected any other control surface.
You can see the increased turning ability of the nose wheel at full defection comparing todays photo to earlier photos.
It allows the turn of the nose wheel to keep up with the turning force of the tail rotor which is greater. If the nose wheel can't change direction fast enough, the tail rotor will speed up the turn to the point where your nose wheel will be drug sideways on the road. This doesn't do anything but wear out the front tire.
So quick steering is better than slow steering when your trying to match the tail rotor thrust.
With my control rod on the inner most hole I can still hit the tail slider stops before going over center on the nose wheel control horn which would lock the rudder system up resulting in a very bad day either in flight or on the ground, can you say piro to infinity.

I'll shoot some more video of its increased taxi performance and try to dream up some custom moves on the wheels for entertainment.
Weather is changing, there will be snow on the ground before we know it....since its already set up for wheels, it would be a piece of cake to design a set of snow skis.
A Goblin on skis, can't get any crazier than that.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
to remove ads between posts