SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
i just tested the retracts out, and they just keep getting better. they operate much slower than normal plastic ones. which is nice, much more scale. and when i grab the pin & try to wiggle it, theres absolutely NO movement. these things are solid. one cant go wrong with these!
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
http://rctimer.com i just ordered a couple 35-30 1100kv motors from here. i love this place. you can get 100 magnets for like $6. you can build your own motor. i ordered a couple shafts & bearings for some other motors i have. plan to swap the shaft side of some other motors i have. i also ordered some carbon fiber CW and Counter clock wise props from them. they also have regular CW & CCW props. shipping was $2 from hong kong. they've got a lot of really good deals. well worth checking out.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:43 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
http://rctimer.com i just ordered a couple 35-30 1100kv motors from here. i love this place. you can get 100 magnets for like $6. you can build your own motor. i ordered a couple shafts & bearings for some other motors i have. plan to swap the shaft side of some other motors i have. i also ordered some carbon fiber CW and Counter clock wise props from them. they also have regular CW & CCW props. shipping was $2 from hong kong. they've got a lot of really good deals. well worth checking out.
Not a bad company Sir, . . . . but do they offer Fast UPS shipping option? I hate waiting 2 weeks for my stuff to arrive.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
they do, but its expensive. i usually get my stuff in about a week. ill let you know when my stuff arrives. i ordered last night, on a sunday. so, we'll see.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:29 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,027 Posts
Quote:
they do, but its expensive. i usually get my stuff in about a week. ill let you know when my stuff arrives. i ordered last night, on a sunday. so, we'll see.
One week is not bad at all, I'm very impatient when it comes to having what I need to get stuff finished.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
more pics for ya. the only problem ive found so far, is, the kit is missing the wing bolts. i tried some bolts that were the right size, but the wrong thread pattern. ive tried a lot of different bolts & none seam to be working. im going to have to figure out what to do. i might have to drill new holes and put in some blind nuts. im thinking of doing gear doors. cut the doors out, hinge them, and let a string pull them shut when the gear goes up. those wheels are going to be perfect though. i think im just as happy with the retracts as the plane.
Last edited by gchrisgo34; Nov 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:11 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,027 Posts
Look'in sharp Sir. . .. very nice work. .. .sorry to hear about the Missing bolts sometimes they put them in the wrong bag in the box or the bag containing the bolt rips & the bolt end up logged in some crevace in the kit.

They might give the wing bolt size in the manual.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:16 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
does anyone know where i can find a 35mm spinner with a 5mm collet style adapter? HK doesnt have any 35mm spinners. i figured i might have to settle for a smaller size, but most small spinners have 3.17 or 3mm collets. i'd try to order the parts and build the spinner & adapters that i need. but i cant make any sense of what parts i need. they dont display a lot of the sizes one would need to order the right parts. a lot of the adapters dont say what size they are. so, does anyone know where to get one? thanks
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:25 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,027 Posts
Quote:
does anyone know where i can find a 35mm spinner with a 5mm collet style adapter? HK doesnt have any 35mm spinners. i figured i might have to settle for a smaller size, but most small spinners have 3.17 or 3mm collets. i'd try to order the parts and build the spinner & adapters that i need. but i cant make any sense of what parts i need. they dont display a lot of the sizes one would need to order the right parts. a lot of the adapters dont say what size they are. so, does anyone know where to get one? thanks
My friend somebody here on RCG will find you the 35mm spinners you need.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:41 AM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,418 Posts
Wing bolts are M4 X 7

Not sure if you know this, but in case you don't, all the gear, mains and nose, retract forward.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Last edited by Herman Munster; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
m4 x 7, where would one get those? and what does that translate into dimension wise? and heres another reason why i waited till i got the plane before i ordered the motors. the biggest prop ill be able to run is 7", or it hits the feus. so, this means i can run a higher kv. which translates into higher performance. which i like. 35mm spinners are hard to find, cause most go 1", 1.25", 1.5" etc... if i had to, i would settle for something a bit smaller, but they look so good when they match the nacelle perfectly. thanks
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:09 AM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
North AL, USA
Joined Nov 2009
1,939 Posts
Oops, wrong type of stuff, thought you were just looking for regular hardware, focusing on wing bolts...

Model is looking great BTW...

deleted..
ruff1 is offline Find More Posts by ruff1
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
i was thinking, when i ordered this kit, that i was going to have to cut the monocote film off the top of the wing, and glue & bolt the motor mount to the top of the wing. this is a really nice design feature. you push the mount into the pre-cut slats, and then push it forward, and it locks in place. its a very snug fit too. i had to sand a couple spots on the mount with my dremel. took about 3 minutes to do. this kit is not going to be as much work as i thought it would be.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t22219253heres another thread i found about the ys-11.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,658 Posts
i can see that ill have to trim the window decals down a bit. they're no where near close to stock. cutting them smaller will make the kit look a lot more scale.