Old Jul 29, 2015, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by speedyAK
IWantToFly
United States, AK, Dillingham
Joined Jul 2011
147 Posts
Discussion
looking for dollar tree foamboard or the like

I have been wanting to make scratch built planes of this sort that appears on this forum, but the sort of cheap dollar tree foamboard i often see here is not available here in Alaska that I am aware of. I can get Elmer's foamboard from places like Fred Meyers but they're 3-5 dollars per board. it gets a little spendy pretty fast. I tried looking around online for dollar tree foam board that I can order but they either don't ship to Alaska or the UPS shipping is outrageous. I am hoping that there could be some lead that anyone here knows about as to how I can get some of this stuff.

Many thanks,
speedy
speedyAK is online now Find More Posts by speedyAK
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2015, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by springer
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
10,726 Posts
I have no idea about local sources of Readiboard (DTF), but I can ship you 20 sheets for $30 delivered by standard post, which works out to $1.50/sheet. I have about half a pallet left, and will never use it all on my onesheet kits, so I sell it for essentially $.50/sheet plus shipping. For locations in the south 48, it doesn't usually work out less than the local dollar stores when shipping is added in, so there is very limited market down here, but if you can't find anything local, this option may work out for you. I'm assuming your zip is 99576 for shipping pricing.
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
Old Jul 29, 2015, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,572 Posts
Hi. I live in Kotzebue. I, too, could not find foam sheet material except FFF from Lowes. They shipped it to me. This was about 5-6 years ago.
You could try Depron or Model Plane Foam.
The offer from Springer is very good. Best price I'd say.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM
Find More Posts by TEAJR66
You laugh... But it flies!!!
United States, MO, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2013
362 Posts
Here is another solution.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00
This is readi board by adams through a different distributor. Check the prices on each color as they change by color frequently.

On the fair side. The MPF that Springer is suggesting is great stuff also.
TEAJR66 is offline Find More Posts by TEAJR66
Old Yesterday, 02:38 AM
Find More Posts by speedyAK
IWantToFly
United States, AK, Dillingham
Joined Jul 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAJR66 View Post
Here is another solution.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00
This is readi board by adams through a different distributor. Check the prices on each color as they change by color frequently.

On the fair side. The MPF that Springer is suggesting is great stuff also.
wow! that is perfect! that's been pretty much what i've been looking for. thanks!
speedyAK is online now Find More Posts by speedyAK