New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2015, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2013
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82 View Post
Jim, is this enough of a sure thing that you could start a dedicated thread for it on RCG/electric warbirds? That would help consolidate interests of those who are onto the 'scent' of a new P-38 model of this size.
On Hold for now. Mold issue
Diamond Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:18 AM
Find More Posts by 00Smurf
United States, OH, Lithopolis
Joined Nov 2010
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby View Post
, sad day.
00Smurf is offline Find More Posts by 00Smurf
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Charlottesville, VA
Joined Jun 2005
1,398 Posts
Mr.frankenjet is offline Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by DesolationAngels
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Jun 2015
34 Posts
DesolationAngels is offline Find More Posts by DesolationAngels
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by JonCM
Joined Aug 2014
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby View Post
long as it is still on the way i will sit and drool in anticipation
JonCM is offline Find More Posts by JonCM
Old Jul 30, 2015, 01:00 PM
Find More Posts by CarToon
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,854 Posts
How could it be a mold issue? Don't the factories have humidity control?
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Jul 30, 2015, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by FLTRI
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
1,504 Posts
A quality 6-channel P-38 reminds me of Becky.

Becky, was a little hottie I dated in high school. She'd show me a little cleavage, and hint that if I just took her to Jaws, or bought her something shiny, that I might get lucky. She teased me for two years. Man, I wanted to get with her...

I never got past a teasing hug and a kiss with Becky, and I'm beginning to think a quality P-38 is the same tease...
FLTRI is offline Find More Posts by FLTRI
Old Jul 30, 2015, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by MLK32170
Joined Jul 2015
4 Posts
My first radio contolled airplane is an FMS 1400mm P-40. I've had it for several months, but I've only flown it twice. Broke a prop both times. I do fly helicopters, but this is my first radio controlled airplane.

I like it. It flies well. I find I have to fly it exactly the same way I fly real airplanes that are high performance. I'll eventually crash it. But, I seem to have beginner's luck. The more it looks like the real thing, the happier I am.

As you can see from my Avitar, I have developed new wall decorations from your spare parts.

I'm not seeing why the servos are not aequate. I know this is the first think I change our when I get a new heli.

What are the differences I should expect to see with 'improved' servos?
MLK32170 is offline Find More Posts by MLK32170
Old Jul 30, 2015, 03:44 PM
Find More Posts by Drifter.Rise
United States, TX, College Station
Joined May 2014
31 Posts
lol @ FLTRI.

This P-38 delay is thoroughly depressing news, but it's obvious that I'm not alone, so that helps. I will continue to drool and wait for it, but it's also a guarantee at this point that my summer dollar will be going elsewhere in the meantime. That said, don't rush it. Plenty of lessons learned out there, and the next P-38 to hit the market will be judged accordingly.

It's hard to believe one of the premier fighters of the Pacific is this hard to get ahold of. I've got an FMS 1700mm P51, and I wouldn't hesitate to snag a P-38 in that class. Even better if it used two batteries to fly, so each motor had some teeth, instead of turning a single battery in the nose into a space heater for an underpowered plane (Jpower/Flitecraft).
Drifter.Rise is online now Find More Posts by Drifter.Rise
Old Jul 30, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by MLK32170
Joined Jul 2015
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter.Rise View Post
lol @ FLTRI.

This P-38 delay is thoroughly depressing news, but it's obvious that I'm not alone, so that helps. I will continue to drool and wait for it, but it's also a guarantee at this point that my summer dollar will be going elsewhere in the meantime. That said, don't rush it. Plenty of lessons learned out there, and the next P-38 to hit the market will be judged accordingly.

It's hard to believe one of the premier fighters of the Pacific is this hard to get ahold of. I've got an FMS 1700mm P51, and I wouldn't hesitate to snag a P-38 in that class. Even better if it used two batteries to fly, so each motor had some teeth, instead of turning a single battery in the nose into a space heater for an underpowered plane (Jpower/Flitecraft).
Seperate batteries for each motor will cause a spin if one quits at the wrong time.
MLK32170 is offline Find More Posts by MLK32170