HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jan 2015
14 Posts
I have a few questions. I'm thinking about getting a Phantom v1.1.1. I'd love to get a gimbal for it so do I need to get the P330 Phantom Upgrade Kit or does the v1.1.1 have everything the upgrade added to the older versions? If I need the upgrade kit does it work with the H3-3D? Does the upgrade kit or the v1.1.1 main board allow to add the CAM port to use an iOSD?
shadow1013 is offline Find More Posts by shadow1013
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
11,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Condor View Post
And just what are these "current features"?
I guess I should have stated future features rather than current. My bad.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Joined Jan 2015
14 Posts
Also is the 5.8GHz Phantom the same as the 1.1.1? Of course minus being 5.8GHz.
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
11,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1013 View Post
5.8gHz is only necessary if you are transmitting video/date via 2.4gHz.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Joined Jan 2015
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Or wanting to use the GoPro's wifi
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1013 View Post
No - the 1.1.1 is 2.4ghz. The fc40 I believe is 5.8
apart from that, yeah I think they are identical. motor/esc/prop
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,533 Posts
Quote:
Haha. We've been beating Ed up too much. lol Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of the FC40's really a 1.1.1 flying on 5.8mhz and recording on 1.2? It's a great little system and I think the camera that comes with it is pretty good.

Take a look here. I must first apologize for the "roachy" video. Forgot to put the camera in and turn it on before I took off. If you slide it to the point where you can see my sneakers.... it's ok from there, except for hitting the house on landing.

So, I've been told that I don't have a Phantom. I have a DJI 1.1.1 ... with stock DJI camera. The quad flies on 5.8gHz... and video is transmitted by wi fi on 2.4gHz. No idea why I can't edit the video to cut out the wasted space at the beginning and the end.
DJI FPV 1.mpg (5 min 24 sec)
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM
Ireland
Joined Mar 2013
4,049 Posts
Fantastic to see DJI taking the lead here in the interests of safety. well done

Quote:
Please note the following that appeared in the WSJ this morning:

DJI Announces New Safe Flight Features Limiting Flight in DC Metropolitan Area
- Restrictions are in accordance with FAA guidelines
- Additional limits will prohibit flight across borders
Hong Kong, (28 January 2015) – DJI will release a mandatory firmware update for the Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, and Phantom 2 Vision+ to help users comply with the FAA’s Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) 0/8326, which restricts unmanned flight around the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
The updated firmware (V3.10) will be released in coming days and adds a No-Fly Zone centered on downtown Washington, DC and extends for a 25 kilometer (15.5 mile) radius in all directions. Phantom pilots in this area will not be able to take off from or fly into this airspace.
The restriction is part of a planned extension of DJI’s No Fly Zone system that prohibits flight near airports and other locations where flight is restricted by local authorities. These extended no fly zones will include over 10,000 airports registered with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and will expand no fly zones to ensure they cover the runways at major international airports.
DJI is also continuing to update its no fly zone list in compliance with local regulations to include additional sensitive locations and to prevent flight across national borders.
These new safety features will be released across DJI’s flying platforms in the near future.
“With the unmanned aerial systems community growing on a daily basis, we feel it is important to provide pilots additional tools to help them fly safely and responsibly,” said Michael Perry, DJI’s company spokesperson. “We will continue cooperating with regulators and lawmakers to ensure the skies stay safe and open for innovation.”

Here is the link to the full story: http://www.wsj.com/articles/drone-ma...451954?tesla=y

DJI is being proactive in this matter.
eirlink is offline Find More Posts by eirlink
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Haha. We've been beating Ed up too much. lol Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of the FC40's really a 1.1.1 flying on 5.8mhz and recording on 1.2? It's a great little system and I think the camera that comes with it is pretty good.

Take a look here. I must first apologize for the "roachy" video. Forgot to put the camera in and turn it on before I took off. If you slide it to the point where you can see my sneakers.... it's ok from there, except for hitting the house on landing.

So, I've been told that I don't have a Phantom. I have a DJI 1.1.1 ... with stock DJI camera. The quad flies on 5.8gHz... and video is transmitted by wi fi on 2.4gHz. No idea why I can't edit the video to cut out the wasted space at the beginning and the end. https://vimeo.com/116265767
If you have windows 7 or 8 use windows movie maker. It's free and pretty easy to use.
FloridaFlyBob is offline Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob