SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:48 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, La Honda
Joined May 2014
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaidduvol View Post
you do not really miss any occasion to push EF..don't you..apparently they need it...
Was this comment about the article referenced? Wasn't pushing EF. I thought the explanation of how the expo used was interesting. I don't have an EF.
seldredge is offline Find More Posts by seldredge
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:09 PM
Registered User
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
943 Posts
One very important thing is that with Futaba the expo value should be negative while Spektrum and JR should have it positive. Not sure about other radio brands. Just verify after you've setup the expo that at 1/2 stick deflection you have less than 1/2 control surface deflection. It should be less throw around the middle. A guy at my field flew once with the expo backwards so that it was extremely sensitive in the middle and it's a miracle he was able to land it.
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2014, 08:39 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,463 Posts
Expo is different on the various radios too. My 9503 is a lot softer than the DX7 with the same number. I'm using 50% in high rates and 30% in low rates with the 9503.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:58 PM
When are you no long a newbie
dpelletier's Avatar
USA, MA, Maynard
Joined Jul 2010
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Expo is different on the various radios too. My 9503 is a lot softer than the DX7 with the same number. I'm using 50% in high rates and 30% in low rates with the 9503.
That was the reason for my second question, does anyone know what radio system the recommended expo came from?
dpelletier is online now Find More Posts by dpelletier
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:10 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelletier View Post
That was the reason for my second question, does anyone know what radio system the recommended expo came from?
The difference isn't that great, but it's noticeable. I think it would be safe to start at 50 and go up or down from there on any radio system. The final value is mostly personal preference and your setup. I may increase mine because the plane is not as mushy here in Arizona, as it was in Colorado. You just have to play with it. Nobody can tell you what's right - but if you start at 50 you will definitely still have enough control to fly and it should be pretty soft in the middle with any radio system. Do your first flights on low rates if you're nervous. This plane flies very true, and you'll be confident with it soon enough, if you throw her up there, where she belongs
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:18 PM
When are you no long a newbie
dpelletier's Avatar
USA, MA, Maynard
Joined Jul 2010
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
The difference isn't that great, but it's noticeable. I think it would be safe to start at 50 and go up or down from there on any radio system. The final value is mostly personal preference and your setup. I may increase mine because the plane is not as mushy here in Arizona, as it was in Colorado. You just have to play with it. Nobody can tell you what's right - but if you start at 50 you will definitely still have enough control to fly and it should be pretty soft in the middle with any radio system. Do your first flights on low rates if you're nervous. This plane flies very true, and you'll be confident with it soon enough, if you throw her up there, where she belongs
Of course you're right, I'm starting to sound like a newbie... well I suppose I kind of am a newbie to fixed wing. Anyway, thank you all for your input. Time to stop talking about it and assemble the thing to get up in the air, as was just said, where it belongs.
dpelletier is online now Find More Posts by dpelletier
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2014, 01:01 PM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,668 Posts
Precision Aerobatics Black Friday Sale is now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...e_id=41&set=US
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 09:14 AM
What goes up, will come down..
United States, FL, Zephyrhills
Joined Jun 2011
149 Posts
Well, the time has come for a complete tear down and recovering of my Extra MX.
I stripped the wings last night. What an amazingly built aircraft. There were many areas to add some ca to but everything is very sound after many, many flights and mishaps. I am thinking transparent green, metallic green, black, white and possibly some silver accents.......
Willie T is offline Find More Posts by Willie T
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 09:48 AM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
Well, the time has come for a complete tear down and recovering of my Extra MX.
I stripped the wings last night. What an amazingly built aircraft. There were many areas to add some ca to but everything is very sound after many, many flights and mishaps. I am thinking transparent green, metallic green, black, white and possibly some silver accents.......
Good to hear!, can't wait to see how you will cover it
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Precision Aerobatics 48'' Extra 260 Build Thread! edge5foamy 3D Flying 5703 Jan 28, 2015 09:53 PM
Discussion Precision Aerobatics SEFF Coverage! New product release! hercdriver7777 3D Flying 98 May 14, 2009 11:01 AM
Discussion Precision Aerobatics Extra MX pre-release info thread aflipz 3D Flying 24 May 02, 2009 09:53 AM
Precision Aerobatics / Het-Rc 20% Extra with Cyclon 160 F3A Motor Gaz Sport Planes 12 May 12, 2005 01:59 AM