HURRY! get all the pieces!!
United States, CA, Madera
Joined Mar 2010
95 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Alert
possible stolen plan files

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post27066272
Ok so I have a buddy that likes to cut his own planes so when I ran across this ad I sent him a link thinking that he would be interested. Well he got back to me with this link. www.fullsizeplans.com
rcrick10 is online now Find More Posts by rcrick10
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rcrick10; Jan 02, 2014 at 11:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:08 PM
Joined Mar 2010
95 Posts
The seller is now deleting posts
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:30 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,352 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Does PayPal refund if you if you unknowingly buy counterfeit digital media? Or was that eBay?
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:53 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
592 Posts
Trader Rating: 99
The link never worked for me, so I could not see if there was any comparison. I hope this was not the case for the company that was hacked. No-one is safe anymore it seems.

Report your PayPal purchase Voxel, I am sure they will handle it.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Jan 03, 2014, 12:07 AM
Joined Sep 2012
33 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
After RCRick sent me the link, I found some of the plans on this site http://www.svensons.com/airplanes , which links to there source, fullsizeplans.com seemed suspicious that there site had just been hacked and a new user shows up selling many of the same plans. If balsabuilder1 is legitimate perhaps he will defend his position as to the source of these plans. I did ask the moderator to look into it as well.
rocco611 is offline Find More Posts by rocco611
Old Jan 03, 2014, 12:20 AM
Joined Mar 2010
95 Posts
 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Z82QQauuFE/pub

This the link he deleted.
He closed the ad and ran. The bad part is he knows this site very well too well for a new user. I think he is among us with a different user id.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2014, 12:47 AM
Addiction Defined
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Nov 2011
291 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
as of 10:26 p.m. it shows he is currently online, Here , stalking among us
mx_ata2d is offline Find More Posts by mx_ata2d
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2014, 12:56 AM
Joined Sep 2012
33 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
The thread is now closed, profile picture gone as well. I do like the fullsizeplans.com site, hope to join when they get it sorted out. if you purchased these plans from balsabuilder1 you may want to report it to paypal. definitely appears to be fraud.
rocco611 is offline Find More Posts by rocco611
Last edited by rocco611; Jan 03, 2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 09:05 AM View Post
balsabuilder1
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while balsabuilder1 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 09:16 AM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,352 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuilder1 View Post
I am not surprised at the level of stupidity

Quote:
All I did, was spend some time collecting all of them into one large collection and try to offer it to fellow hobbyists at at basically free just covering the shipping and packing. you people think i'm getting rich of this???
Dude, read up on copyright laws.

All those ebay sellers you've listed should be shutdown too.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Jan 03, 2014, 09:45 AM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Trader Rating: 133
looking at the list provided in the link most if not all of those names I have seen on either hippockets or outerzone which can be downloaded by anyone.
sagomon is online now Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Jan 03, 2014, 10:03 AM
Joined Oct 2004
501 Posts
Trader Rating: 267
The link to fullsizeplans.com which in now RC Microworld only has one plan per month and keeps 12 months of issues on line. They have a total of 12 plans and none of those were in the list that the seller offered.

This is a Witch Hunt with no evidence.
TreeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TreeFlyer
Last edited by TreeFlyer; Jan 03, 2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 10:35 AM
Addiction Defined
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Nov 2011
291 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
Quote:
I am not surprised at the level of stupidity and hostility shown on this forum by people like rcrick10. You people must really have a lot of free time on your hands. Anyhow to the topic of discussion:
1-No, I did not hack any sites to get these plans, nor do I know how to "hack" even if I wanted to.
2-No, I did not steal these plans from someone's house and make 4000 digital copies.
3- these plans already exist on various CDs being sold on ebay see here
All I did, was spend some time collecting all of them into one large collection and try to offer it to fellow hobbyists at at basically free just covering the shipping and packing. you people think i'm getting rich of this???
4- Finally, the reason I shut down the thread, was because I really have better things to do with my time than have to read ignorant messages from people like you.

Oh and one last thing, if anyone wants a refund please PM me, I am happy to give you your money back.
I guess what I don't understand about #4 is why did you list it if you dont have time to answer ignorant questions.? The timing in shutting the thread down certainly didn't do you any trust here. It takes a little work to make money. Answer the questions no matter how ridiculous you may think they are.
mx_ata2d is offline Find More Posts by mx_ata2d
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2014, 10:39 AM
Fixed wing propeller driven
Joined Jan 2014
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post

Dude, read up on copyright laws.

All those ebay sellers you've listed should be shutdown too.

Hey voxel, since you know so much about copyright laws, and you obliviously have plenty of free time, why don't you go ahead and hire an IP lawyer and take on those nasty ebay pirates.. and while you are at it why not also take on the music and film pirates as well, hell why not join the RIAA I am sure they could use someone as vigorously anti piracy as yourself.
balsabuilder1 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuilder1
Old Jan 03, 2014, 10:45 AM
Fixed wing propeller driven
Joined Jan 2014
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx_ata2d View Post
I guess what I don't understand about #4 is why did you list it if you dont have time to answer ignorant questions.? The timing in shutting the thread down certainly didn't do you any trust here. It takes a little work to make money. Answer the questions no matter how ridiculous you may think they are.
You see, i was not trying to make money, I was just offering something that I know a lot of scratch builders like myself would enjoy having around to create beautiful models. This was never about profit.
balsabuilder1 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuilder1