HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
61 Posts
Discussion
dx8 reciver and tx help

Hi guys

Im really struggling to set up my dx8 reciver and servos,iv recently added some inner doors to my 1/5 scale h1 racer, I just have enough chanels to do it but its just not working for me. At the moment this is how my servos are plugged in.

AUX 3 = BATTERY
AUX 2 = FLAPS
AUX 1 = INNER DOORS

GEAR = GEAR
RUDD = RUDDER
ELEV = ELEVATORS DUAL ON Y HARNESS
AILE = AILERONS DUAL ON Y HARNESS
THRO = THROTTLE
BND/DAT = TELEMETARY

When i plug in flaps and inner doors it seems to link them to the ailerons and elevators ?. Is there a way to change the setting on the tx.

I cant find anything in the manual for this, infact its not much use at all.

Kind regards

chris
H1 RACER is offline Find More Posts by H1 RACER
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
Mtn Home, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
may need to go into system setup and change it from inhibit to wherever you want them

isnt aux1 also a AL postion , i use the dx8 for helis so i may be thinking alittle difrent seems aux1 is right or left servo or pitch servo.

why is battery on aux3 this should be servo run of the top knob or i guess you could move it to any switch but defintatly a servo. i think that battery postion is killing your setup. you couldput flaps here and run them off a y harness maybe.

okay im talking myself into this. you could leave flaps as is and move you inner doors to aux3 from aux1 and then whatver free spot is ont he reciever can be your rx power looks like this would be aux1 now

this the ar8000?
Evan03 is offline Find More Posts by Evan03
Last edited by Evan03; Mar 11, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
61 Posts
hi there

Yeh the aux 1 port is an aileron port. I have pluging in the batt to aux 1 but even this way when i plug in the flaps to aux 2 they are working when i move the elevators ?. How do i change this ?. Im guessing that its all to do with the setting on the tx, its very confusing lol.

Chris
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:27 PM
Mtn Home, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
Turn radio off then turn back on. Go to system set up. I bet your inhibited to the wrong switch. Also check out fmode. You can make flaps and retracks work on the flight mode switch.

It is confusing but it'll soon click. I fought my heli gov asked a ton of questions still not getting it then all the sudden it clicked.

My mind is kindarapped around dx8 now.

If something inhibited in the main system setup you wont be able to assigned it to another switch.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:06 PM
Mtn Home, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
Have you been in the switch select screen

I'm interested in this so I've been programming a plane in my dx8. So far I've found flaps go go on auxiliary 2 3 nd mix switch.

What I'm trying to do is get flaps, gear and expired and dual rates all to the flight mode switch

Also trying to figure out your question.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
61 Posts
Hi guys just to let you know i sorted the reciver issue, the thing that was causing the problem was the sytem set up , in the wing set up, as i said i was using dual on both ailerons and flaps but as soon as i changed it to 1 flap 1 aileron all systems work fine. I think its due to me useing y leads.

Kind regards

Chris
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:10 AM
United States, OR, The Dalles
Joined Apr 2011
1,237 Posts
Was just about to post that. Aux 1 ends up being an aileron, if you have selected two channel ailerons in wing type, and so on...
JeffinTD is offline Find More Posts by JeffinTD