HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2011
76 Posts
Discussion
Battery Eliminator

I've been hovering my T-rex 550e V2 on the CC 100 ice bec. I'm slowly transitioning to FF and I think i need to use an Xternal bec. I've been searching a lot of forums and reading threads on this. I think I'm more confused now then when i started.

I was thinking of going with a CC bec pro. But the more i read i find that CC bec pro is pron to failing. Something about the wires coming loose due to vibration. I then read that the bec to have is the WR bec's. I read again that some of the people using the WR bec have had some of them fail. W,T,H,!!!!, So, with so much controversy on which bec to use and not really knowing because of being a newbie and learning as i go. I would hate to make the wrong decision and get a bec and then crash, that would dampen my spirit. So W,T,H.

If someone with experience in the bec department could give a newbie some sound advice in what to start with, that would be greatly appreciated.
J.Avant is offline Find More Posts by J.Avant
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
If wires are coming loose due to vibration they probably weren't soldered correctly.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:54 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,211 Posts
All BEC's can fail. So any product sold in the numbers of the main maufactures will leave many stories out there. The Western Robotics is very good.
I have two of the CC bec pro's, both working fine. There was a recal on them early on.

I run a separate 2 cell lipo for my bec's on my large helicopters. They are much more reliable at the lower voltage. The chance of servo, and reciever damage from excess voltage in a bec failure is also reduced.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:13 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Duplicate thread in 3D thread. Here is my reply.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1595068

CC BEC pro recall was back to aug 2010, ver 1.0. Vibration or shock on BEC pro ver 1 may damage or dislodge component inside. New BEC Pro ver 2.0 is better in handling 50v voltage.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:43 AM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2011
76 Posts
I did put the same thread in the 3D. I though between the two i could get more info that way. Looks like CC bec pro has problem fixed.

I have 3 Hitec 7965 digital servos on cyclic and JR 8900 on tail. I'm running on 6 volts to cyclic and Futaba 520 gyro with 5.1v on tail servo. I did it this way because it was common in most of the threads that i have read. So the CC bec pro would be good for the set up i have? Just make sure i get the V2.

John
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:48 AM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
Ventura, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,269 Posts
Been using my BEC Pro flawlessly in a 600 ESP and a 25% Edge 540
Cleared2Engage is online now Find More Posts by Cleared2Engage
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2011
76 Posts
Thanks

Well, i purchased a CC bec pro. I was in a pickle over which one to get. So i would like to thank everyone for their advice in helping me make the decision on getting the right one that will work for me.

I found that Amazon.com had it for $36.47 shipped. I'm hopping i will receive the V2 of the bec, because it might be old stock. I'll just have to Waite till it comes in. I thought it was a good price though.

So I would like to thank everyone again for your help in this quest.

John