Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:41 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno View Post
My LHS has a literal pile of them, all bad just like you said. It sounds like they are changing from LiPos to Li-POS!
They (my LHS) is suggesting ROC batteries. I haven't heard of them yet but they say they are pretty good, a little more money but better quality. I started a thread to see is anyone has heard of or used them, not much of a response yet. I want to give them a try. If anyone wants it, I can give you my LHS's number, I hope that's okay with Tom (the owner, really great guy!).

I do have 3 4s 2200mAh 30C batteries, not a whole lot of cycles yet, and 2 3s 2200mAh 40C batteries. One of the 3s (each with about 30 cycles) is loosing a cell.
My LHS has a 1000mAH 3S 30C ROC battery for $12.99. It is virtually the same size as my current 850mAH 30C battery in my 3D foamy, so I will give it a try this weekend (weather permitting).

I also struggled a bit to find the website/specifications for these batteries ... here it is

http://www.3-circlespower.com/index.php?id=3
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:25 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
My pleasure. When you order it, you will be directed to order the balance plug based on the type of charger you have, and if you dont' have the icharger, it will tell you which one to get.

BTW, if you can hold off a day or two, mine should be arriving shortly. I want to make 100% sure that they work for the sky lipo, so I can report back once i get them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno View Post
Got all kinds of time. I appriciate the report back. Actually, I'm sure they'll work on Sky LiPos, there's only so many ways you can wire a battery like that. But, I'm waiting anyway, need to earn some more money (need to finish a plane).
Cub Flyer - just realized that I owed you an answer. The Items I ordered work perfectly for the Sky Lipos, so order away!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Aug 2010
1,052 Posts
Thanks whichwaysup! I appriciate the reply.

Take care,
David
Cub Flyer Fresno is offline Find More Posts by Cub Flyer Fresno
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:13 AM
Joined Nov 2008
5 Posts
Sky LiPo's are VERY poor batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86 View Post
I don't know what happened to my Sky Lipo batteries, out of the last ten that I have bought five have already gone bad. They are fully charged but after 30 seconds of flight the motors start cutting out, most of them have less than twenty cycles. Has anybody else had any problems?
I bought 7 Sky LiPo's, 4 3s2200 and 3 3s3300. They have ALL gone bad, less then 12 flights on each battery. Same condition as stated above. Good power for 30-45 secs, then they die off.

I will stay with ThunderPower from now on.

My local Hobby Shop stopped carrying them.
ifixjets is offline Find More Posts by ifixjets
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:42 AM
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Jul 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifixjets View Post
I bought 7 Sky LiPo's, 4 3s2200 and 3 3s3300. They have ALL gone bad, less then 12 flights on each battery. Same condition as stated above. Good power for 30-45 secs, then they die off.

I will stay with ThunderPower from now on.

My local Hobby Shop stopped carrying them.
I would recommend Turnigy from Hobbyking.
dabears720 is offline Find More Posts by dabears720
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:05 AM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Aug 2010
1,052 Posts
I've heard the same about the Sky's. I've heard good things about ROC's and started using them, or at least I've got a couple. Not enough time on them to give a report though. Look them up!
Cub Flyer Fresno is offline Find More Posts by Cub Flyer Fresno