Old Today, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
13,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Hope they can judge when to drop the flotation device.

I just watched a video where someone was recording a house fire with a quad. It got too close for the firemen's liking, distracting them so they took it out with a fire hose LOL. It showed the actual footage being recorded and a fireman on a roof aiming the hose at it and suddenly the screen went blank.
They patrol the beach on shore and off the shoreline. There's always a couple of those guys riding just past the wave break. They are using Jet Ski boats. They also have radios... so this thing with the drones should make things a lot safer.

Hahaha... you can't shoot a quad down... but that much water under pressure would probably bring down a full size heli.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by jbrumberg
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
4,453 Posts
I just read the news story about the woman struck and knocked unconscious by a crashing multi-rotor RC aircraft. Apparently this jerk owner/operator crashed his multi-rotor aircraft into a building and the crashing aircraft hit the poor woman. The police got the multi-rotor and the attached camera . Other people in the crowd got pictures of the suspect who later turned himself in to the police.

He probably will get charged with reckless endangerment. He broke all kinds of good standard practices for RC aircraft operation. This happened last Sunday at the Seattle Gay Pride March.

I am surprised the news media did not go into a "feeding frenzy" about this incident.
jbrumberg is online now Find More Posts by jbrumberg
Old Today, 02:41 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4,453 Posts
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?d...d-87c51d1cabc9
Old Today, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
13,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrumberg View Post
Oh, great. Should be interesting when they find him. He stands to get a $10k fine, and several law suits. I hope they don't let him bond out of jail.
Old Today, 03:16 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4,453 Posts
I have no sympathy for this jerk O/O.

I am surprised no one posted about this on the Multi-Rotor General Forum . A guaranteed "food fight" .

I am not starting one here at RCG. I did start a thread at RumblecloudRC. They are pretty civil over there.
Old Today, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by BattleDude
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
5,081 Posts
+1 Jay ^^^
STUPID!
See why I am reluctant to get into quads? The "drone" issue is going to come to a "head" in the near future.
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Today, 03:57 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Oh, great. Should be interesting when they find him. He stands to get a $10k fine, and several law suits. I hope they don't let him bond out of jail.
I am sure they will let him out. Not a serious enough crime to hold him, is it?
Old Today, 04:20 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4,453 Posts
"........ The "drone" issue is going to come to a "head" in the near future."- Kyle

Sadly because of all the jerk O/O's out there who irresponsibly fly while stupid , you are probably correct . Sooner or later somebody is going to get very seriously injured or even killed by gross negligence as to when, where, and how these jerks fly.

Never got to Test Flight #8 today...... Too much mowing, weeding, and mulching. . I am not even finished mowing yet . I did change those vibration suppression balls to those of a more dense composition . Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do test flights #8, 9, and 10. I'll have 3 charged batteries available. From what I have learned so far I may have to "mix" those ball thingies to get the results for which I am comfortable. We'll see what happens.
Last edited by jbrumberg; Today at 04:27 PM.
Old Today, 04:32 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
5,081 Posts
Quote:
"........ The "drone" issue is going to come to a "head" in the near future."- Kyle

Sadly because of all the jerk O/O's out there who irresponsibly fly while stupid , you are probably correct . Sooner or later somebody is going to get very seriously injured or even killed by gross negligence as to when, where, and how these jerks fly.

Never got to Test Flight #8 today...... Too much mowing, weeding, and mulching. . I am not even finished mowing yet . I did change those vibration suppression balls to those of a more dense composition . Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do test flights #8, 9, and 10. I'll have 3 charged batteries available. From what I have learned so far I may have to "mix" those ball thingies to get the results for which I am comfortable. We'll see what happens.
Good luck with it Jay. Vibration/jello issues are one of the toughest to remedy.

bd
Old Today, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
13,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
I am sure they will let him out. Not a serious enough crime to hold him, is it?
What if the person his quad on the head had died from it. Not serious enough?
He's gonna get his ass sued off. Even if he's an AMA member, in an incident like this....they won't cover him either. He's broken every rule in the book and injured someone..... Because he violated the AMA rules means... he's not going to get any of the insurance coverage from them. He really shot himself in the foot! Idiots!
Old Today, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by frieslander
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
8,026 Posts
Quote:

Dang it Jay, I was sitting in my yard out back waiting for Test Flight #8 to drop in my yard. What a wasted day!

frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Today, 05:02 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
What if the person his quad on the head had died from it. Not serious enough?
He's gonna get his ass sued off. Even if he's an AMA member, in an incident like this....they won't cover him either. He's broken every rule in the book and injured someone..... Because he violated the AMA rules means... he's not going to get any of the insurance coverage from them. He really shot himself in the foot! Idiots!
Buzz- I doubt this O/O was a AMA member; and if he was, then he is less intelligent that I had presumed .

I hope that he gets himself a good and expensive lawyer. This little "newsworthy" "incident" is going to cost him and he deserves what he gets.
Old Today, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by frieslander
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
8,026 Posts
Here is a link to the one I was talking about:

Firefighters Shoot Douchebag's Interfering Drone Out Of The Air (1 min 7 sec)
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Today, 05:06 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Dang it Jay, I was sitting in my yard out back waiting for Test Flight #8 to drop in my yard. What a wasted day!

Durk- Tomorrow early AM looks good.

My body is now "protesting" what I did gardening today .

By tomorrow I will be "approved" for flight

Got a surprise today . Wifey bought lively lobsters for tonight's dinner.
Old Today, 05:13 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4,453 Posts
Durk- Thanks for the video. That O/O should not have been there. It distracted the fire department personnel. Another jerk O/O flying irresponsibly while stupid.

This is/was not the O/O's "call" to determine the appropriateness of this flight. There are all kinds of reasons why the fire department shot that multi-rotor aircraft out of the sky.