SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by iiRISH LUcK
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Question
Can I buy a fully ready FPV plane?

Hi everyone, i'm new to the site, just looking a bit of guidance.

I seriously want a FPV plane, not a copter. I wouldn't say im the best at building/making stuff, and instead of buying all the equipment myself and building up the plane, as well as worrying about if it will work or have all the right equipment, I would much prefer to buy a ready built new working FPV plane with all the equipment, capable of a 3 Mile range.

I would really appreciate it if you could tell me somewhere I could buy one, that supply's to the UK.

Also, if you do have a shopping list with all the components to make a 3 mile range FPV plane, I would also greatly appreciate that. I might then build one after all, because im just worried about spending all that money and not getting out of it what I require.

Thanks guys for all your help in advance, and hope to be an active member on the fourms.

Cheers
iiRISH LUcK is offline Find More Posts by iiRISH LUcK
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by lovegroove
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
I hate to say this, but everyone always wants to take shortcuts into this hobby and it almost always ends in heartache and pain. There have been loads of threads similar to yours over the last year or 2 and they all get the same advice.

Start slow and simple and build your experience.

You can probably get someone to build a RTF FPV plane for you, but I bet you wouldn't get much change from £1500, all of which will be wasted money when you smash it into the ground on your first flight.

Get yourself a Multiplex easystar and learn to fly it line of sight and when you have mastered that, slowly start adding FPV equipment.

I'm sure a few others will be along shortly to say the same thing, but please don't be put off by our initial negativity. FPV is a great hobby and the thrill of the first full FPV flight is amazing, but it takes loads of patience and lots of trial and error and ground testing and tweaking. 3 miles is actually a pretty long way and probably 75% of people flying FPV haven't been that far, myself included.

At least you didn't come and say that you wanted a model capable of doing 100mph that can do 10 miles and fly for an hour. That's the usual noob request.

P.S. http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk will sort you out with all the gear you need and will give you some great support to make getting into FPV as painless on the wallet as possible.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:51 PM
Find More Posts by flyboy321
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,645 Posts
If you go to the FPV section (Here):

http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/

And click on the "Search this Forum" (Blue bar in top right), you can search for what you need.

These threads come up every other day, so the information is out there, just look.

OR....

THIS!
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:56 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I hate to say this, but everyone always wants to take shortcuts into this hobby and it almost always ends in heartache and pain. There have been loads of threads similar to yours over the last year or 2 and they all get the same advice.

Start slow and simple and build your experience.

You can probably get someone to build a RTF FPV plane for you, but I bet you wouldn't get much change from £1500, all of which will be wasted money when you smash it into the ground on your first flight.

Get yourself a Multiplex easystar and learn to fly it line of sight and when you have mastered that, slowly start adding FPV equipment.

I'm sure a few others will be along shortly to say the same thing, but please don't be put off by our initial negativity. FPV is a great hobby and the thrill of the first full FPV flight is amazing, but it takes loads of patience and lots of trial and error and ground testing and tweaking. 3 miles is actually a pretty long way and probably 75% of people flying FPV haven't been that far, myself included.

At least you didn't come and say that you wanted a model capable of doing 100mph that can do 10 miles and fly for an hour. That's the usual noob request.

P.S. http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk will sort you out with all the gear you need and will give you some great support to make getting into FPV as painless on the wallet as possible.

Yea mate, understand you completly. I actualy have been flying line of sight for a year and a half, but never have properly enjoyed it for the money ive spent. FPV is the next route i want to go down, but thanks very much for the advice, it's appreciated mate.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by paintz2007
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
explain "properly enjoyed" please.
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by Voguna
KragerÝ, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
753 Posts
I wanted the same as you when I first started this summer. I took the "hard" way, and have learnt a lot these months. The people in this forum are so supportive, and help you out every time. I can garanty for you that you will be happy when you have done it yourself in the end. You will learn how all things work together, and how to do it yourself. Because most people continue to buy more gear, and when you have some knowledge, you know what your should buy and how to hook it up!
Voguna is online now Find More Posts by Voguna
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:34 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
explain "properly enjoyed" please.
I never enjoyed it to it's full potential, or never really enjoyed using it due to it's limitations (ie. Range)
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:41 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voguna View Post
I wanted the same as you when I first started this summer. I took the "hard" way, and have learnt a lot these months. The people in this forum are so supportive, and help you out every time. I can garanty for you that you will be happy when you have done it yourself in the end. You will learn how all things work together, and how to do it yourself. Because most people continue to buy more gear, and when you have some knowledge, you know what your should buy and how to hook it up!
wow, you just spoke from the heart
I fully agree that using the support of a community is the best, but we all have to start out somewhere, unforunately that means looking like a noob and seem like you dont understand/know anything. I don't mind, but it is annoying, and it's the same with any new hobbie you try to start.

Everybody here too began out as a noob Thanks for the advice, and I do think actually building my own would make me feal more connected with the plane if you know what I mean? Yea i bought a cheap £150 plane from a local shop and now sits in my garage, but if I had of built it myself I obiously wouldn't feel happy just leaving it to collect dust. Not sure if that all makes sence but the moral of the story I get from you is just build it, and not rush it; take the necessary time to do a good job
I honestly do appreciate the advice
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by srnet
Stuart
UK, Cardiff
Joined Dec 2008
3,470 Posts
"Can I buy a fully ready FPV plane?"

I hope (and pray!) that those that are considering remotely piloting 'model' planes that are 3 miles away have a very very very very very good understanding of the way all the various bits interact.
srnet is online now Find More Posts by srnet
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by man2000me
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
I'll build you one... It will cost $1500 plus shipping... hehe
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by paintz2007
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Ill build it for 200 you send me the stuff ill put it together and test it
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by man2000me
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
When your done send it my way then I will test it. For free...
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Dec 12, 2010, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
I will build you one for $1475! Eat that Man200me.

I started the same way - looking for someone to build it for me. In the end -- I did it myself with the help of one of the vendors here and learned SO much more.

There are very few short cuts on this one.
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old Dec 12, 2010, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by sim_io
Why is the Rum gone?
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2008
1,668 Posts
When man2000me is done testing it for free send it to me I will fly your plane for free
sim_io is offline Find More Posts by sim_io
Old Dec 13, 2010, 01:40 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Somebody sent me a PM selling his own, for $1000 (guyaviator or something like that)