Nov 30, 2009, 07:30 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

E-Flite P47 or Parkzone Corsair??

Hey Guys,
I have a question on these two planes. Which one is the best? I have a new in the box E-Flite P47 and I am thinking about trading it for a Parkzone Corsair. The P47 has one spot at the wing saddle that is broke about 3" long, but not seperated from plane ....easy fix, this is a beautiful plane but I also like the Corsair. I need to know your thoughts on this one, I remember reading about the P47 a few years ago and it seemed to be real nice flyer, but the Corsair is more durable and replacement parts are available. Unfortunately I cannot have both. All input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2009, 08:08 PM
I vote for the P-47. Granted I don't have the corsair, the Eflite P-47 is a beautifully balanced plane. Stable, agile flyer that floats in for landings. The P-47 can handle retracts whereas for the corsair you will have to figure out how to get the retracts to rotate backwards. You can always buy a Parkzone corsair but the Eflite P-47 is never coming back.

-David
Nov 30, 2009, 08:16 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Ben

I have owned and flown both. They fly very similar IMO. You can't go wrong building either model IMO.

If your looking for a flyer I would select the Corsair. If only for the fact it's still in production and parts are available. Also that "Z-Foam" is hands down a lot tougher on the Corsair.

If you want a semi unique piece to collect the P-47 wins out.

Tommy D
Nov 30, 2009, 08:22 PM
Lou
Lou
Both are foam planes with the F4U being only slightly larger and heavier.

I see no real adantage of one over the other. I have the F4U, its blue color makes it difficult, at times to see and there fore orientation can be a bear. It is just as fragile or sturdy as the P-47, both are foam.

What kind of shape is the F4U in? It is not a plane with out issues. One being the prop adapter and its set screw. The trailing edge of the wings, close to the body are thin and breakable if the plane is held from there. Plastic, fragile cowl. Standard PZ 480 motor.

I read where folks write that the F4U is a floater, I did not find that to be true. It is a very nice flying plane and a fun plane to fly. There are parts available for the F4U and that is a plus. In fact, the only real, tangible advantage I see between both planes are the availability of parts for the F4U.
Nov 30, 2009, 09:18 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Guys,
David , you are right about the beauty of the P47 and also about it not being available or the parts as are Tommy D and Comm69. Either of them will be a plane I will want to fly often.
Comm69, I don't have a F4U lined up yet, I don't even know if anyone is willing to trade a F4U for the P47.
Do any of you have crash experience with the P47? I have a Trojan and it takes a good beating as did my SuperCub. My depth perception is a little off and not good to my planes. I don't know if the F4U is as tough as the Trojan.....don't get me wrong I don't crash everything I fly, but the occasional mishap does occur. I have a flag pole on one side of my driveway and a basketball pole on the other side. I have hit both and survived.
Man this is a tough decision!!
Nov 30, 2009, 09:30 PM
Lou
Lou
I have the T-28 and the F4U is as sturdy as the T-28. All planes have weak points and one just needs to figure out where they are. If you have a depth perception issue, you may want to reconsider on the F4U. The blue of the F4U has the ability hide the plane in the skyline and tree line. It is darn tough to tell which wing tip is which wing tip. However, as long as you keep the plane in close, you probably will not have a problem with orientation.

I have never crashed the P-47 but I can say that the Z-foam used on the F4U is tougher than the EPS, at least in my opinion.

Have you considered other war birds. The PZ FW-190 might be a better fit for you. Better visibility ( IMO ) and the FW-190 is a very nice and easy plane to fly. No real bad habits. PZ also have the P-51 BL but, the P-51 generally is a little twitchier than other war birds. The Spitfire is kind of twitchy also.

Since you have planes to fly, keep you eye on the For Sale forum and see what comes up there. May be a good buy soon as folks want to clear out the old the new stuff that Santa brings.
Nov 30, 2009, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comm69
Have you considered other war birds. The PZ FW-190 might be a better fit for you. Better visibility ( IMO ) and the FW-190 is a very nice and easy plane to fly. No real bad habits. PZ also have the P-51 BL but, the P-51 generally is a little twitchier than other war birds. The Spitfire is kind of twitchy also.
I have to disagree on the PZ FW-190 unless you like flying garbage trucks. Slow as hell and looking for a place to stall. It is a great plane if you mod it to brushless however. I have the P-47 and the FW and they are both very nice planes (Now that the FW is souped up) but I would go with the Corsair for durability and replacement parts.

Regards,
Alan
Dec 01, 2009, 09:25 AM
i have both, and would suggest the corsair. very easy to get into the air, and an all around great flyer. i crashed my jug a time or two, and got lucky with clean breaks which epoxy took care of (this was my second aileron plane, and i was still learning quite a bit). my corsair is holding up very well, zillions of flights on it and it still looks pristine. it's a great sister ship to your t28.
Dec 01, 2009, 03:19 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe
I have to disagree on the PZ FW-190 unless you like flying garbage trucks. Slow as hell and looking for a place to stall. It is a great plane if you mod it to brushless however. I have the P-47 and the FW and they are both very nice planes (Now that the FW is souped up) but I would go with the Corsair for durability and replacement parts.

Regards,
Alan
Ok to disagree and yes, mine is a brushless. You are very correct, a brushless 190 is a much happier 190.
Dec 01, 2009, 03:28 PM
Long live the Nuge!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobstopper
Thanks Guys,
David , you are right about the beauty of the P47 and also about it not being available or the parts as are Tommy D and Comm69. Either of them will be a plane I will want to fly often.
Comm69, I don't have a F4U lined up yet, I don't even know if anyone is willing to trade a F4U for the P47.
Do any of you have crash experience with the P47? I have a Trojan and it takes a good beating as did my SuperCub. My depth perception is a little off and not good to my planes. I don't know if the F4U is as tough as the Trojan.....don't get me wrong I don't crash everything I fly, but the occasional mishap does occur. I have a flag pole on one side of my driveway and a basketball pole on the other side. I have hit both and survived.
Man this is a tough decision!!
FWIW, if it were me, I would keep the P-47 and find something else I could sell (not neccessarily in RC either) to earn the money for the F4U.
Dec 01, 2009, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp1
FWIW, if it were me, I would keep the P-47 and find something else I could sell (not neccessarily in RC either) to earn the money for the F4U.

An excellent point as you will not be able to find these kits at all soon.

Regards,
Alan
Dec 01, 2009, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
I may have an out....I have a PTS Hanger 9 P51 that hasn't seen any action and I do not want to fly nitro...too messy and noisy, but the wife gave it to me 4 years ago and I still haven't even started it. I am going to try and sell it before trading away the P47. The P47 is still in the original box and plastic wrap also.....but if I keep it I am going to fly it .....ever so gently though.
Hopefully I have a buyer locally that might purchase the PTS and that will fund the Corsair :-) and all is good!!!
Dec 01, 2009, 11:41 PM
the_PilotRyan
they have eflite replacement cowls at www.parkflyerplastics.com click on arfs thenit asks you what company, click other there are 7 items in the other section one of them being a vacuformed eflite cowl for 5 bucks, i wish i needed one
Dec 02, 2009, 10:37 PM
mondo1948
Hi Ben,
I agree with Skywarp1....don't try to trade the P-47. You can easily get $100.00 for it on Ebay and then you'd have a good downpayment on the Parkzone Corsair. I love the P-47 but wouldn't want to fly it without parts being available. With that said, sometimes they show up on Ebay....I've bought a whole spare plane on Ebay and extra wing because I love my plane so much. It flys like described earlier.

Hope this helps.
Mondo

Quick Reply