Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:27 PM
Joined Jan 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
Does anyone know how to grab RSSI of the FRSKy "Orange Rx" FASST compatible Rx ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandal View Post
RSSI pin on Orange RX

anyone have a pic?
or know a link to one?
There you go

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...2-IMGP6273.JPG

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=235

Should I put any resistor ? what happens if I don't ?
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:28 PM
Joined Jan 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
This receiver is using the ML2724DH transceiver, featuring analog RSSI on pin 28.
The RSSI output is buffered, and voltage swing is between 75mv (no signal) - and clipped to 1.9V at 15dBm.
The pin is the not connected one from the picture.
Thanks.

Should I put any resistor ? what happens if I don't ?
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:34 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,574 Posts
I apology for this question, I did a search and read over many of the post here but did not find anything related to Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2. Do anyone have any information on the RSSI on this RX?

Thank you.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:33 AM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
560 Posts
Need help finding the RSSI pin on my 900mhz RX

This is where I bought it about 8-10 years ago but it still looks the same as this one.
http://www.supercircuits.com/Wireles...ivers/AVX900R1

I thought I found it but the pin I connected the red wire to only reads 2.4v constant. I guess I was rushing and thought it was in flux but it's not. I'm trying to connect my Range Video Micro Diversity up. I have this 900 MHz RX and the other is the HobbyKing 900 MHz 200mw one. I found the HoobyKings RSSI but now trying to find this ones getting to be a challenge. I vmetered all the pins and none are changing but the number 4 connected pin. It's at 1.9v without TX connected then jumps to 2.4 when TX is turned on.

HELP!!!! Please let me know if more detailed photos are needed. I was wondering since its so old would it be possible that is may not have a RSSI?

Thanks in advance!

Here are some more detailed pics.

Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Last edited by Wirewolf903; Nov 07, 2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 11:56 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
Finaly got this thing done, i had to build a dimmer for my soldering iron to get it cooler.

I question tho, when the Transmitter is off, i have 0.87 Volt, when on at 100 % i get 1.07 Volt, and when the transmitter is in the microwave i get 1.25 Volt.

So it looks like it get higher when strenght is weak, but gets lower when turned off, is that common ?

Here is the pictures,

Hope it helps.

I apology if I missed it, but is there a conclusive output voltage reading? Also, will this voltage vary with interferences from lets say, an FPV transmitter?
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
Joined Aug 2010
22 Posts
Has anyone done this to a Hitec optima receiver
Andy Hornyak is offline Find More Posts by Andy Hornyak
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
Joined Jun 2010
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post
Here's the RSSI pin for the Hitec Supreme IIS 8 channel receiver.

100% Signal = 0.680 volts
0% Signal = 0.150 volts

Not much range in voltage but my RVOSD seemed to provide a good bit of resolution between full and no signal. In the second picture, I sacrificed the 8th channel to turn it into an RSSI output, by cutting the servo out PCB trace going to the 3 pin servo connector and then running a 100K ohm 1/8 watt resistor to it instead.

Thanks very much Renatoa for providing the RSSI pins to commonly used receiver chips!
Thanks so much for this!!
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:33 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
What would be the best 7ch receiver for 72MHz(i have futaba T7CHP) that supports RSSI modding?

I know the corona Rx have range problems(1km on them vs 3km+ on stock futaba branded)

Thanks!
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:37 AM
Joined Jun 2010
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
What would be the best 7ch receiver for 72MHz(i have futaba T7CHP) that supports RSSI modding?

I know the corona Rx have range problems(1km on them vs 3km+ on stock futaba branded)

Thanks!
Actually, it is the other way around. The Corona FM 8 channel receivers have superior range than the Futaba FM receivers. Also, the stock Futaba receivers do not handle glitches well. When the Futaba receiver glitches, the servos are jammed full one way or the other.

The downside of the Corona's is poor servo resolution. This really shows up around neutral centering. I have found it not a problem on some models, but on others it is very annoying. You have to test.

Cliff
cliffkot is online now Find More Posts by cliffkot
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
if anyone has a 72mhz receiver with rssi capabilities(even if i have to mod it) please pm me if you will sell it!!

I found a R168 in the classifieds but the guy won't part it from the Tx!!! Lame!!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffkot View Post
Actually, it is the other way around. The Corona FM 8 channel receivers have superior range than the Futaba FM receivers. Also, the stock Futaba receivers do not handle glitches well. When the Futaba receiver glitches, the servos are jammed full one way or the other.

The downside of the Corona's is poor servo resolution. This really shows up around neutral centering. I have found it not a problem on some models, but on others it is very annoying. You have to test.

Cliff
lol I've been told that the futaba have better range. So what Rx should I get? The Coronas are easy to get from hobbyking.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined Jun 2010
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
lol I've been told that the futaba have better range. So what Rx should I get? The Coronas are easy to get from hobbyking.
I use the 8 channel Corona XTAL receiver on my EZ Star. It works just fine. It all depends on what you are flying, and how precisely you need to adjust trim. Only you can decide that.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:22 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffkot View Post

Cliff
SOME coronas out perform futaba RX's but the qaulity control is not so good on them. Sherrer did a test a few years ago andthe one he tested was very good. However, do a search for corona and you will see many posts about range issues. I use them myself and they are hit or miss, sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you get a bad one. Futaba's are not this way, the QC is good and generally speaking, you always get a good one. Corona's are a gamble, in my experience.

As far as the full deflection on futaba rx's, I've never had this happen to me. They glitch like any other RX I have used (twitches in control surfaces, slow response to inputs). I think you are talking about an improperly setup failsafe.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
I fly a dopey sailplane with rage gyros dialed up to 30% so it's not the most precise aircraft in the world haha
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:24 PM
Joined Jun 2010
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
SOME coronas out perform futaba RX's but the qaulity control is not so good on them. Sherrer did a test a few years ago andthe one he tested was very good. However, do a search for corona and you will see many posts about range issues. I use them myself and they are hit or miss, sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you get a bad one. Futaba's are not this way, the QC is good and generally speaking, you always get a good one. Corona's are a gamble, in my experience.

As far as the full deflection on futaba rx's, I've never had this happen to me. They glitch like any other RX I have used (twitches in control surfaces, slow response to inputs). I think you are talking about an improperly setup failsafe.
No, none of the Futaba FM receivers have a failsafe.