Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:43 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
Discussion
advice needed HL 2.4 systems

OK I am at a cross roads on a radio systme need some advice Please?

. I am trying to decide if I should get that new Hing long 2.4 radio system whear you get a 2.4 radio with a matching HL box. OR go for a better system. /
SO far I have tryed the clark system did not work out at all. I was useing the older Dx6 radio and the 6000 reciver .
I was only able to get it to go forward and back wards left right and that was It. Later I found out it was my radio. So I sent it back . Went for the Mako 2 board .
This time I could not get any controll with the tank if and when I got it going.

This time I use my speckum dx6i-dsm with a new reciver needless to say it did not work eather .
NOW I am looking at the HL 2.4 system but I have no idea about it so can any one give me some information good and bad. ?

ALso thinking about getting ahold of Dan at US armor in canada . Been told he is good people to work with from others.
What i am looking for at this point Is a 2.3 system i can hook up with eather one of my speckrum radios .
Plug in and go . THE HL could be the way to go??
but like I say I am not sure .
So if any one can get me some answers LIKE I say good or bad ??Please reply

.I want to turn at least one tank into a 2.4 system for if I go to any large group meets I wont mess any one up . I have been there in the pass not a good idea to do it.

With our group I am ok so far with the stock HL radio RX 18 system but I have also been told they have there own set of problems .
SO if any one has any information please get in touch . I am sure it will help me to decide. Wish I could go tamyia but dont have that kind of $ to do it . So I have to go to another system.. O ya when I pulled the other setups out put in my stock HL with christal the tank ran grate and no problems.??

OK YOU can even PM me
I will get back to ya Soon after I get the message or PM thaks again
Don the rustbucket
Rustbucket is online now Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2013, 08:27 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Dan deals with the DBC's which still use you RX18. It is a simple setup I got 2 DBC's and my friend has 3 of them. Plus the DBC's you get full Tamiya compatible IR battle system.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Nov 13, 2013, 09:52 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
I was thinking with dans set ups you did not need to use the RX18 boards? YOU just unplug the RX 18 into yor motors speaker and top wireing and plug in his.? So what set ups are you guys useing tell me more?
.ON the Ir system I still have it set up with the Mako board it works good. I sent back the Mako 2 board and the clark board back to nathen at OKC tanks very good person to work with it and will do what he can to help .
OK this gives me a start.Thank you. DON
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:45 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Here is a step by step I made earlier this year on how to convert to a DBC.

http://www.instructables.com/id/IR-b...-for-RC-Tanks/
Old Nov 13, 2013, 03:08 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
OK NOW TELL Me witch board that is ? with this board your saying my DX6i Dsm radio will work so I can sue a 2.4 system? Do you have any programing to do on the radio? Do you also get paper work with that unit showing you how things are set up and how everything works in dealing with the radio? So far everything I have pick up and sent back dose not have any paper work >What I am finding you dont get any paper work with any thing and that becomes a real pain. Just think of those that dont have any way of getting on line that has to be a real pain. OK Keep me posted on all of this .
Have you had any problems with any this . Did the controlls work the same as the stock christal Radio. YUP I do have a few questions and doing some home work. Thank you DON
Old Nov 13, 2013, 04:35 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
If you follow the link I posted it explains it all. Yes the controls are the same and the board is a DBC. It will work with any radio system. There is always radio programing. There are instructions in the link I posted.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 07:00 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
OK thankyou I will look it over compleatly. NOT sure if I want to get into chadning settings in this radio . FOR I am still learning it .Have not work with it much. FROM what your saying it dose sound intresting for sure can you tell me how much he will charge for that set up or do I have to get a hold of him. YES I know shipping will be more. Just trying still to fine out answers. Will he work ya if your having problems in trying to figure things out ? Custermer service is very inportant. Thank you again DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Nov 13, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 07:29 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
I have never dealt with Dan but other say good stuff about him.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:43 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
I am now talking to him he seems very nice . He has answered all of my questions so far in my research. Seems he wants to help and I like his parts and service.
. So who knows what I may do in time.. Still rechearing for more answers.
thanks have a good day.