HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:16 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,933 Posts
Extreme Flight RC

heads up!!!!!!

i threw a pm at Chris over at EXTREME FLIGHT RC to ask him if he wouldnt mind helping us out with TEFF. in the end Chris said he would throw a litttle something something to help the club out.

so guys lets pay the bills and say thanks to Chris and the gang over at

http://extremeflightrc.com/

eddie
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:00 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,343 Posts
Chris rocks! He truly is the man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
Tim

doing good. just so you know austin gets friggin hot during the summer. i was quite shocked to see you post in this thread. its all good though. my club isnt the only club in town but its one of the more widespread clubs and we have the space to fly giant scale. pm me when you make it into town and we'll go from there

eddie
Hi Eddie,
I know heat! I lived in southern fl for four years..;-) it will take me a few summers, but ill adjust. looks like a nice club, that's 3D friendly. Looking forward to flying with you guys, and if you need any help with TEFF please feel free to ask!
I'm still all electric and my biggest plane is a 2 meter EF extra, but I do have plans to build a 91 gasser down the line.

Thanks! Ill keep you posted.
Ducati Mechanic is online now Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:39 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,343 Posts
BTW? Do you guys still fly at that Gorilla spot? In the industrial park? That always look liked like a blast!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:49 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I'm still all electric and my biggest plane is a 2 meter EF extra,

you are in luck our club has electricity through out. no shortage of outlets and plenty of shade

i personally dont fly guerrilla style anymore. you have to carry your shade and there is no electricity also too my 40%er tiller went out and my plane met the curb, that was enough for me lonelasso still flies there with a small group of guys
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:47 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,343 Posts
I know I've been checking out the club. That's great! Charging outlets are a must when your flying 10s two meter planes. Im going to pickup a new 2meter Vanquise on my way down.

That sucks when you tear one up, but I'm a sucker for a killer gorilla spot. I remember Ben clipped that curb with a super yak prototype
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Feb 10, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:24 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,675 Posts
Quote:
I know I've been checking out the club. That's great! Charging outlets are a must when your flying 10s two meter planes. Im going to pickup a new 2meter Osiris on my way down.

That sucks when you tear one up, but I'm a sucker for a killer gorilla spot. I remember Ben clipped that curb with a super yak prototype
New 2M Osiris?

Where?
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:15 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
New 2M Osiris?

Where?
dude is connected if he can pull that off
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:21 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,343 Posts
Sorry, I meant Vanqish...;-)

Had Osiris on the brain (my indoor pattern planes are AJ osiris's).

Ill be able to swing threw Atl, and hit EXtreme flight in Cummings GA. Not sure where 3dhs is now?? Somewhere in PA, right?

Two years ago At SEFF I hung out with Donatas while he flew the prototype. One serious airplane and EF makes their own motor for it.
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Feb 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:35 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Joined Oct 2007
7,152 Posts
Hey, folks. New (more or less) to the Austin area. Would love to show up as a spectator at this event on Sunday, but currently auto-less. Gonna sub and keep an eye on it, in case situations change.
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:51 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,675 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I meant Vanqish...;-)

Had Osiris on the brain (my indoor pattern planes are AJ osiris's).

Ill be able to swing threw Atl, and hit EXtreme flight in Cummings GA. Not sure where 3dhs is now?? Somewhere in PA, right?

Two years ago At SEFF I hung out with Donatas while he flew the prototype. One serious airplane and EF makes their own motor for it.
I am still trying to hold out for the 2M Osiris, but I am growing impatient. Especially when I can't get any info. on it
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:02 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,343 Posts
I learned a long time ago, dont wait unless theres a release date! I can't remember how many times I saved gear for a plane that never came out, or came out when I was over it..

I'm not a big fan of the traditional rainbow scheme that everyone uses on Pattern planes. Looking forward to see what AJ does with his.

I dig EF products, and this scheme(above^) looks more like a higher priced composite, rather than its other scheme, IMO.
Being a 10s setup, this size and battery range, are all perfect for me. I'm sure the Osiris will be 6-8s, and I'm already flying a 10s extra. I think that's the biggest Thing that draws me to EF planes, there heavier, and designed to fly that way. I like the extra weight and momentum.
At the end of the day, you need to fly what does it for you! That's what it's all about right!?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:10 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,675 Posts
Quote:
I learned a long time ago, dont wait unless theres a release date! I can't remember how many times I saved gear for a plane that never came out, or came out when I was over it..

I'm not a big fan of the traditional rainbow scheme that everyone uses on Pattern planes. Looking forward to see what AJ does with his.

I dig EF products, and this scheme(above^) looks more like a higher priced composite, rather than its other scheme, IMO.
Being a 10s setup, this size and battery range, are all perfect for me. I'm sure the Osiris will be 6-8s, and I'm already flying a 10s extra. I think that's the biggest Thing that draws me to EF planes, there heavier, and designed to fly that way. I like the extra weight and momentum.
At the end of the day, you need to fly what does it for you! That's what it's all about right!?
2M Osiris will be 10s for sure
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:22 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,343 Posts
Right on!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:09 PM
United States, TX, Elgin
Joined Aug 2005
52 Posts
T.e.f.f.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl View Post
Hey, folks. New (more or less) to the Austin area. Would love to show up as a spectator at this event on Sunday, but currently auto-less. Gonna sub and keep an eye on it, in case situations change.
Welcome to Austin, you are welcome to come out Sunday but keep in mind that Friday and Saturday are the best days to be a spectator because many of the out of town Pilots head back home early Sunday.

You are also welcome to visit our club anytime and we would like you to consider becoming a member. The Austin Radio Control Association is a very friendly club and all types of flying take place including: 3D, Heli's, Jets, War Bird,and all kinds of electric aircraft, even multi-rotor.

Please visit our Web page: austinrc.org if you haven't already!

Cheers!
toycannon is offline Find More Posts by toycannon
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:26 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Joined Oct 2007
7,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycannon View Post
Welcome to Austin, you are welcome to come out Sunday but keep in mind that Friday and Saturday are the best days to be a spectator because many of the out of town Pilots head back home early Sunday.

You are also welcome to visit our club anytime and we would like you to consider becoming a member. The Austin Radio Control Association is a very friendly club and all types of flying take place including: 3D, Heli's, Jets, War Bird,and all kinds of electric aircraft, even multi-rotor.

Please visit our Web page: austinrc.org if you haven't already!

Cheers!
Thanks, Toycannon... Unfortunately, I work nights and work from home, and Sunday is my only night off during the week. Really, the only time I could "stay up late and play"! lol. Got a few more years yet that my life revolves around what I have to do to pay the bills, not what I want to do.

But the welcome is appreciated!

Nightowl (Dan Tabor, AMA #437722)
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl