HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 03:59 PM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoli View Post
I had TP wrapped around the motor but need to change that because of the heat.
The area of heat shrink on the sensor is fine but the bare wire insulation gets too
hot. I am looking for a heat resistant tape and will lay the loop against the motor
casing without exposing the insulation and tape accordingly.

ESC has been running about 130 F as well.

Where do the V1 wires (black and red) bare ends connect? Power wire understood - thank you.

Capoli
The Black is your ground and the red is your positive. I use the charging lead from the battery or you can go direct to your battery plug. If you look at my pictures I mounted it on the side and it works to hold the lead in place during flight.

Bill
WBTRC is offline Find More Posts by WBTRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:30 PM
Joined Jun 2013
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTRC View Post
The Black is your ground and the red is your positive. I use the charging lead from the battery or you can go direct to your battery plug. If you look at my pictures I mounted it on the side and it works to hold the lead in place during flight.

Bill
I finally get it. My idea for the motor temp probe is not working out. Imagine that
Wanting to tape the probe to the protective frame area around motor and very
close to the motor. It wouldn't be quantitative but with several flights for a base
line it would indicate an abnormal temp for future flights.
Capoli
capoli is offline Find More Posts by capoli
Old Jul 22, 2014, 05:21 AM
Joined Feb 2013
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoli View Post
I finally get it. My idea for the motor temp probe is not working out. Imagine that
Wanting to tape the probe to the protective frame area around motor and very
close to the motor. It wouldn't be quantitative but with several flights for a base
line it would indicate an abnormal temp for future flights.
Capoli
I looked at it myself and there is no good way of doing it. I figure if the motor is going bad the ESC will heat up and that will be an alarm. Glad your ESC is running the same temp as mine. One my second V450D03 the tail servo is hot maybe I should put a probe on that

Bill
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:33 AM
Joined Jun 2013
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTRC View Post
I looked at it myself and there is no good way of doing it. I figure if the motor is going bad the ESC will heat up and that will be an alarm. Glad your ESC is running the same temp as mine. One my second V450D03 the tail servo is hot maybe I should put a probe on that

Bill
My DS525M servo runs a lot cooler than the original stock one. The curious in me will want to probe that too Stumped on the motor lead now.
Capoli
capoli is offline Find More Posts by capoli
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:21 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,134 Posts
I got a hobbywing 40A. esc for d03 #2. I have the same one on my tarot 450. Everything works but NO MOTOR. All functions work as they should but I have no motor at all. I tired switching motor wires, to try something no luck. I have the programming card and set the same as the one on the tarot. I did notice that the one on the d03 does NOT play music as the one on the tarot.
I don't have a volt meter so I can't really check for voltage to the motor.
Do any of you have any suggestions? I am stumped and frustrated. Things started out poorly when I realized I had soldered the battery plug on with the red plastic part on the wrong way and had to destroy the plastic and unsolder and resolder the dang thing:ee k:
Jack
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM
Joined Feb 2013
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr View Post
I got a hobbywing 40A. esc for d03 #2. I have the same one on my tarot 450. Everything works but NO MOTOR. All functions work as they should but I have no motor at all. I tired switching motor wires, to try something no luck. I have the programming card and set the same as the one on the tarot. I did notice that the one on the d03 does NOT play music as the one on the tarot.
I don't have a volt meter so I can't really check for voltage to the motor.
Do any of you have any suggestions? I am stumped and frustrated. Things started out poorly when I realized I had soldered the battery plug on with the red plastic part on the wrong way and had to destroy the plastic and unsolder and resolder the dang thing:ee k:
Jack
Sounds like it is not arming. On my Align Helis you have to adjust the Throttle endpoints in setup mode to get the ESC to arm.

Bill
Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,134 Posts
I hope to get some sit down time this weekend to have another look at it. What's
strange is I have one on another heli and I set it up the same I think.
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr