HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2014, 09:22 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAR 600 View Post
Amazing description of the Spitfire. No wonder that gull went mental on you. I've about finished reading the first 300 pages of this thread so far. What an intense chronicle of mini warbird madness.
Lots of good stuff in here... just do a thread search... it does help

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
weird........... mine was ok w/ a 850/4 all the way forward , no lead. cg just in front of callout. still think it's faster than the rb. not as user friendly though........... hmmm maybe the cg

chuck
It isn't faster but does turn tighter. Add a spar and it really turns tight!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:09 AM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,385 Posts
People......the good 4S funfighter motors are back in stock at hobbyking usa warehouse. Honestly......I've yet to ever use one, but having read a large portion of this thread they do get good reviews. Just un-boxed my order of three motors......high quality look and feel for the low price.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

***JezzeJames***...........I left you a message in the comment section on the HK page for this motor......haha!
NOTAR 600 is online now Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Last edited by NOTAR 600; Jul 18, 2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:16 PM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,385 Posts
sea fury airframe unbox mini-review

Since I developed sea fury fever, decided to get a bare bones airframe cheap from amazon.com to back up my other two ARF's, have spare parts or just build another. There were four of the kits left on amazon, then right after I ordered mine the others were snapped up super quick so I hope some of you guys got one......but I digress.

It came today in a much smaller box, which makes sense but more likely to be crushed, no worries it was okay in that sense. However.......there is some minor damage from the factory packaging process. They use a bubble wrap bag as I'm sure some of you have seen before, then a heat sealing iron to make seams that isolate each part in its own separate space so they don't rub against one another during shipping. This can be good but seems to have resulted in tightly squeezing the wing tips thus breaking/cracking off the vulnerable small triangular piece of foam next to the outer edge of both ailerons......easily repaired, no huge problem. Then the small skinny piece that protrudes forward from the horizontal stabilizer (mating with rear of canopy base) this skinny piece was snapped off of the stabilizer. These couple of areas being about the weakest on the whole airfame.......not surprising and can be made stronger with carbon fiber and/or a toothpick.

Back to the wing, both wing tips curve upward more than usual. I placed a medium heavy nicad battery pack on both to see if they might be persuaded to lay down. Otherwise an okay deal for $43 shipped. 95* degrees outside right now, good day to be inside with ac on, getting prop-fighters ready for cooler days to come.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:36 PM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAR 600 View Post
People...

***JezzeJames***...........I left you a message in the comment section on the HK page for this motor......haha!
I seen that. . Lol I use the ff motors for other airframes. My ff get a hop up before madien
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
Old Jul 22, 2014, 02:30 PM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
1,638 Posts
I looked at the HK page for the FF motor and it says the connectors are 2mm?!?!?!
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat
Old Jul 22, 2014, 02:51 PM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by failboat View Post
I looked at the HK page for the FF motor and it says the connectors are 2mm?!?!?!
Sounds right. I now they are the smallest I've used...
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
Old Today, 02:32 AM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,385 Posts
The ME-109 flies really good finally. With 30+ positive expo on the ailerons and elevator. Spot on CG. Older but good 340watt HK2200kv motor, blue series 30A esc, stock alieron servos, corona919MG digital elevator servo, nano-tech 3S 1300mah 45C. Used a 6 x 4 prop that came stock on a stryker F27C because it fit the large size prop adapter. Was not ready until 8PM friday evening, made two easy flights since the light was fading. Launched and landed two twice.........flew some laps just trying to putt along not too fast just feeling it out. It wants to go faster but I was able to hold the speed down if I wanted. Was pretty surprised how easy it flies now. Paid alot of attention to getting it tuned and dialed. Still needs a few upgrades and finish painting.