Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
haha! good to be back. I took up riding motorcycles aswell


Gawd thats sick man. Congrats and be safe on that. You know Illinois drivers are the worst! I learned to drive in Chicago.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:33 AM
Team White Llama!
gundamnitpete's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Gawd thats sick man. Congrats and be safe on that. You know Illinois drivers are the worst! I learned to drive in Chicago.
actually, that bike got totaled some joker decided to dump his motor oil on the road and then cover it up with sand/gravel. i hit it and got highsided, got my first concussion from it too progressive bought the bike off me just recently, i'll be shopping for a new one over the winter.

in the meantime, i'll be writing my paychecks off to RC again
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:01 AM
Registered User
ZACATTACK's Avatar
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,825 Posts
Can we get back to the Jet Please...
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
Team White Llama!
gundamnitpete's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Page 400 and NOW you're angry, lol.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:34 AM
Registered User
tulz43's Avatar
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
page 400 and now you're angry, lol.
hahaha!
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:52 AM
Registered User
bri6672's Avatar
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post
Thanks for that. Wish I had known this a week ago

I got it pretty close with this Pactra stuff. Probably not as close as the model masters but it looks pretty good from a few feet away.

S
Yeah sorry man, I was thinking about you when I posted it, I slowed mine down to much on a landing and pancaked it right in front of the runway so she needed a bit of love. I do have to say this airframe is extremely strong, nothing broke but just chipped the paint on the nose from the fiberglass flexing a bit.

By the way, for all you eflite 15-25 retract haters, I bent the gear back on all three of the struts in that crash and the "plastic" retracts are totally fine with no damage, the struts failed before the retract!
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:10 PM
Registered User
ZACATTACK's Avatar
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri6672 View Post
Yeah sorry man, I was thinking about you when I posted it, I slowed mine down to much on a landing and pancaked it right in front of the runway so she needed a bit of love. I do have to say this airframe is extremely strong, nothing broke but just chipped the paint on the nose from the fiberglass flexing a bit.

By the way, for all you eflite 15-25 retract haters, I bent the gear back on all three of the struts in that crash and the "plastic" retracts are totally fine with no damage, the struts failed before the retract!
I had the nose gear fold on my 9th landing...I replaced the whole unit($49.99),it seems the plastic retainer broke.I'm running aluminum trunions(TAM) now with no problems.I'm really happy with the Habu..I thought it was going to be hard beating the thrill of a RC Helicopter ...the Habu cetainly comes close.Its tough,fast,easy to maintain,economical and easy to fly.I hope the rest of my EDF jets in future are along the same trail this Jet had blazed....if you can afford it...upgrade that stock motor and run more cells,the more power you throw at this Jet the happier the Habu gets,on 9S-the snake starts smiling instead of hissing!!!Every flight is better and better.I need to get some video...
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:26 PM
Registered User
tulz43's Avatar
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
I had the nose gear fold on my 9th landing...I replaced the whole unit($49.99),it seems the plastic retainer broke.I'm running aluminum trunions(TAM) now with no problems.I'm really happy with the Habu..I thought it was going to be hard beating the thrill of a RC Helicopter ...the Habu cetainly comes close.Its tough,fast,easy to maintain,economical and easy to fly.I hope the rest of my EDF jets in future are along the same trail this Jet had blazed....if you can afford it...upgrade that stock motor and run more cells,the more power you throw at this Jet the happier the Habu gets,on 9S-the snake starts smiling instead of hissing!!!Every flight is better and better.I need to get some video...
I have flown mine all summer. I got one of the first out and built it in two evenings. I can't get enough of it and I'm only on stock power. However a new fan is going in this weekend .
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:39 PM
Registered User
ZACATTACK's Avatar
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
I have flown mine all summer. I got one of the first out and built it in two evenings. I can't get enough of it and I'm only on stock power. However a new fan is going in this weekend .
1409/2Y on 120HV CC is really nice Tulz...You can run 8S or 9S with the upgraded ESC..Highly recommended buds..I have never flown a stock Habu so I really cannot compare the upgrades I have to original E-Flite configuration,but watching videos and a friend fly his totally stock..I would say with all honestly,my set-up is faster with much better vertical (Y)ability Tulz.I would do the exact upgades I have currently installed on a New-Build!! It's like the Jet was meant to be at this power level..maybe I'm just use to it??
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:49 PM
Registered User
tulz43's Avatar
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,763 Posts
I'm going with the new stumax fan. Should be here tomorrow! A guy flies an 8s tam setup at the field and it really moves. But I want something different.
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
Registered User
ZACATTACK's Avatar
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
I'm going with the new stumax fan. Should be here tomorrow! A guy flies an 8s tam setup at the field and it really moves. But I want something different.
Yeah looks really nice!!Sounds really nice..can you run this Fan on 8S Tulz or is it a drop fit for the Stock Fan..What motor are you going to run?
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:21 PM
Registered User
tulz43's Avatar
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Yeah looks really nice!!Sounds really nice..can you run this Fan on 8S Tulz or is it a drop fit for the Stock Fan..What motor are you going to run?
It can accept any het700 series motor or neu motor of the same size. I'm going with the 6s and 7s option for now. What I've seen on 6s is great. Plus I already have the batteries. I can make a 7s pack so I'll give that a try just to see what it can do.
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:25 PM
Registered User
ZACATTACK's Avatar
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
It can accept any het700 series motor or neu motor of the same size. I'm going with the 6s and 7s option for now. What I've seen on 6s is great. Plus I already have the batteries. I can make a 7s pack so I'll give that a try just to see what it can do.
How much for the Fan Tulz? Maybe consider the Mega Motor Series aswell,guys are really liking this motor...Efflux RC carries them.Stumax Fans look great..too bad its hidden!!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2003
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
haha! good to be back. I took up riding motorcycles aswell


good initiative Pete! it's 4 life. open road is as close to flying as can be
vasek is offline Find More Posts by vasek
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:56 PM
Registered User
tulz43's Avatar
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
How much for the Fan Tulz? Maybe consider the Mega Motor Series aswell,guys are really liking this motor...Efflux RC carries them.Stumax Fans look great..too bad its hidden!!
I'm going with what is recommended by Stu and others using the fan for now. You can still see all the blades when you look in the intakes

All the info you need is right here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502691
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Last edited by tulz43; Sep 21, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fiberglass Habu Airframe Calvin_220 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 92 Nov 10, 2012 02:53 AM
Sold New in box Habu EDF PNP flyboy1945 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Aug 01, 2010 08:24 PM
Discussion ESC very HOT - Sorry the discussion is moved to the Habu thread SalamSyed Foamy EDFs 0 Mar 20, 2010 11:15 PM
New Product New Fiberglass EDF Jets!!! Starfire + EDF Trainer nitroplanes Nitro Planes 0 Jan 24, 2009 09:58 AM
Discussion Baja SS Speculation and hopup thread. DaveESPI Large Scale Cars 3 Feb 03, 2008 07:39 PM