HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2006, 06:23 PM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
Rave
I love this Charger...CellPro 4s Charger & Balancer.. Very Safe

Mods Please donít move to the batt & Charger forum As I'm posting this for the 400 size Heli Guys.
------------------------------------------
CellPro 4s Charger & Balancer

Hey guys, Some of you may already know about this charger but for those who donít .......... Hey this charger really rocks.

Iíve been looking for another charger for a few weeks now and nearly brought a few "other" chargers then I found out about this one a few days ago, read up on it, ordered yesterday and it came this morning. I got mine from Revolution Models and it cost £57.50.

Here an RC Groups Review of it.

This charger had so much going for it
It balances as well as charges
Has no knobs, switches or dials for us to set wrong as mess up lipo.
Has nice display telling you many things including a Fuel Gauge !
+ Sooo much other good stuff ! hereís some quotes .

"A cold-weather mode kicks in at around 32 degrees F where the charger will not fully charge the battery to 4.2v but keeps it pinched back to 4.0v per cell. In cold weather conditions, a 4.2v cell has shortened pack life to around 10 cycles. At 4.0v per cell in cold weather, the battery life is not affected."

"balancing is done continuously as the cells charge. This is why the Cellpro charge time is much shorter and safer than that for other shunt-type balancers"

"A built-in speaker signals charging finished "

"Low Voltage Restore repairs over discharged packs. Over discharge down to 0.5 volt per cell will be repaired to 98%."

"Can charge physically damaged packs without the danger of fire."

"High performance microprocessor makes 14 safety checks per clock cycle even down to validating connector pin integrity."

"THIS CHARGER MAKES LI POs SAFER THAN THE MANY MILLIONS OF CELL PHONE & LAP TOP LI IONs IN THE FIELD"

Some of the quotes are from Here

Plus I just read in the manual that U donít even have to let the lipo cool off before charging ! Now thatís gr8 !

I actually was gonna get 2 of these so I could have a fast turn around, but they only had one left. So Phoned another site today but they have none either, seems like this thing is selling V-Fast, I canít wait to get my 2nd one.

I'v had 9 flight today, 6 of them the lipos were charged on the new charger and it works very well indeed. Nice & simple, Plug & Play, No messing, No Fuss. It does exactly what it says on the Tin !

My other charger is the Align piece of crap RCC-4CX, it puffed 3 of my Lipos
and now I know even more that its a rubbish charger.

Anyway I hope this is useful to some of you who are looking for a better charger... Actually a VERY VERY Superior Charger than most out there costing much more!

Peace
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2006, 06:37 PM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
Looks very cool! Making extra connectors will be a pain, but I might go for it.

ShuNut, what were your charge times? I'm torn between a PolyCharge 4 and something like this CellPro because I want quick turnaround without buying multiple chargers.
CatchmyCorsair is offline Find More Posts by CatchmyCorsair
Last edited by CatchmyCorsair; Jul 06, 2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2006, 11:02 PM
Raptor 50 + TRex 450
Norwich UK
Joined Mar 2005
519 Posts
I too have been running this charger for a couple of months now. It is awsome, and for the price, I doubt if you will find one better.
CatchmyCorsair, they sell little 'pig tails' to go with the charger so you can charge other brands of battery. They only cost a couple of pounds/dollars, which is worth it, if only to save yourself some grief.

ShuNut, did you also get the DPM for the heli ?? I'm looking for other peoples opinions of it. I'm finding when it pulses the motor, it pulses the motor too slow, which is fine if you are hovering or doing FF but if you are in the middle of a move it can be scarey !!!

Jon
mazakari is offline Find More Posts by mazakari
Old Jul 07, 2006, 12:46 AM
Akershus, Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut
THIS CHARGER MAKES LI POs SAFER THAN THE MANY MILLIONS OF CELL PHONE & LAP TOP LI IONs IN THE FIELD
I've been saying this is the way to go since 2004 and have been using exactly this argument.
The statement from your other post that the Align chargers keep charging after leds turn green has NOT been correct for the 2 I've been using. I've been using it since 2004 and they don't cause puffing and they don't keep charging. I've forgotten batteries connected to them for hours (even a whole night) which has not damaged the batteries or caused swelling.

But I'm really glad charger development is going in this direction, this is good news but the Align charger is not a crappy charger (at least not mine) it's a cheap, simple one.
Tintin is offline Find More Posts by Tintin
Last edited by Tintin; Aug 03, 2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2006, 06:29 AM
Joined Jul 2004
658 Posts
I'm using one, perfect, fast charge time too.
had to get the adaptor to use polyquest and thunder power (same unit).
CaptEvo is offline Find More Posts by CaptEvo
Old Jul 07, 2006, 07:37 AM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,495 Posts
Excuse the ignorance but does the 4s indicate it will charge only 4s packs or up to 4s?

Flame suit on,
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Jul 07, 2006, 07:46 AM
Monmouth UK
Joined Oct 2004
1,042 Posts
I agree with Tintin. IMHO the Align charger cannot be beaten on price. I paid <£30 for mine. I have the old 4CX and the new 3CX. The old verison certainly overcharged to 4.3V regularly, and the new one is dead on 4.19/4.20 V everytime. I currently have 3 LiPos, one 15C with 100+ charges on and two 10-12C ones with 180+ charges on.

The Align charges are so small and do not require a separate PSU it is great for porting between home and work so I can babysit charging in the office to fly at lunch and after work. Universal mains voltage is just an added bonus.

I only wish they would bring out a 2A unit for 2000mA+ LiPos, but I guess it will be bigger than the current unit.
hb888 is offline Find More Posts by hb888
Old Jul 07, 2006, 09:09 AM
Joined Jul 2004
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb888
I only wish they would bring out a 2A unit for 2000mA+ LiPos, but I guess it will be bigger than the current unit.
The Cellpro will match 1c automatically, so it charge faster
it charge at 2.1 amp for my 2100mah pack.
CaptEvo is offline Find More Posts by CaptEvo
Old Jul 07, 2006, 10:02 AM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhun1
Excuse the ignorance but does the 4s indicate it will charge only 4s packs or up to 4s?

Flame suit on,
Up to 4 cells with a max charge rate of 3 Amps.
Old Jul 07, 2006, 10:13 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,214 Posts
The Accucycle Elite charger with included AC adaptor is a better charger if you stick with 3 cells or if you use a 6s setup like I do.

It will charge 2 packs at a time and does a very good job charging.

Carlo
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old Jul 07, 2006, 10:42 AM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco8gator
The Accucycle Elite charger with included AC adaptor is a better charger if you stick with 3 cells or if you use a 6s setup like I do.

It will charge 2 packs at a time and does a very good job charging.

Carlo
It doesn't balance while charging and you could also buy two of the CellPro for $5 more than the Accu Cycle.
Old Jul 07, 2006, 05:43 PM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,495 Posts
Thanks CMC
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Jul 07, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
Sorry to bash the Align charger but I have to, It puffed 3 of my lipos , and Flight Power say they have had many returned packs due to the Align charger, and strongly recomended that I stop using it!
With mine it not so much as it still charges when the green lights come on, but it more like the green lights sometimes dont come on, and with multy meter connected it would sometimes read 12.8 V and still counting, then I would dissconnect it the reconnect the THEN I would get green light.......sometimes. Maybe I have a faulty one ! Other times when the lights would come on in time it would mostly read about 12.71-12.75 V, where as this CellPro will ALWAYS read 12.6V.

Anyway enough about that, lets stick to the CellPro.

CatchmyCorsair U dont have to make extra connectors for ALL your lipo, I just used the pigtail u get with the charger mated to a female for my lipos that I got from an old PC Motherboard, it works fine (will post pic soon) or mayby u can use the "Cellpro to ThunderPower or PolyQuest Adapter" pigtail & addaptor half way down page

Tintin, I deffinatly aggre that this is how chargers should have been from day one, I was going to not bother getting a E-Heli because of the dangers when charging, but changed my mind.

Now I'm so happy I have this charger, and I look forward to getting a 2nd one when they're back in stock.
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Jul 07, 2006, 06:58 PM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting this charger with that $15 adaptor. I only have TP and PQ's right now, so it will work fine. Apex Lipos even have a TP tap, so they should work as well.
Old Jul 08, 2006, 12:00 AM
rwp
rwp
Joined Nov 2003
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut
Tintin, I definately agree that this is how chargers should have been from day one, I was going to not bother getting a E-Heli because of the dangers when charging, but changed my mind.

Now I'm so happy I have this charger, and I look forward to getting a 2nd one when they're back in stock.
Hope you're still following all the precautions of Lipos since any charger being electronic can malfunction. If you are charging inside your house I'd recommend one of the battery bunkers or something similiar no matter how good your charger is.
http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=1_BB&cat=15
rwp is offline Find More Posts by rwp