Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 22, 2002, 03:50 AM
high-speed freak
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2001
3,863 Posts
lighting a fire under the push-e-cat, kyosho?

looking to fly a push-e-cat that has been built, sitting in my closet... webguyjv is redoing his, to... I have a speed 400, john has a speed 480... have seen the 480 fly, it wasn't trimmed up but I'd like to get something that really makes the push-e-cat climb like a powered sailplane, not a large power plane... I want to be able to punch the power for 15-30 second climbs to altitude, then use it low throttle/no throttle as a slope soarer/flatland glider...

I know the height of the pod restricts the prop size, I'm thinking a kyosho car motor to keep it cheap, manetic mayhem direct drive? I don't know, haven't run it through motocalc, soliciting advice here... darwin, anyone? what's the weight of the push-e ready to go without motor/battery anyways? I don't have a good scale for something this large...
opualuan is offline Find More Posts by opualuan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2002, 08:42 AM
staten island new york
Joined Sep 1999
829 Posts
I've modified the P-cat to fly on big props and a Mag Mayhem with and without a gearbox. The real problem is with a motor that size you need a bigger prop and the P-factor is very high. However if you want a perfoming cat, either the graupner reveresed 480 or the 450 turbo is what you want. Use it with a MA 5x4.5 or a 6x4
mrneutron is offline Find More Posts by mrneutron