HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:51 AM
Joined Jul 2011
654 Posts
New Product
DJI Propulsion System for Multirotor ***Developer and Owner Thread*****

DJI is proud to release its newly developed E series Propulsion Systems for Multirotors.

Unlike our Phantom series products, which are developed to let everyone's flying dreams come true, E series propulsion systems are dedicated to our DIY costomers who may also want to know the details and technologies behind the product. So we would like to creat this thread to build a direct communication channel between our costumers and our engineer teams.

As the official marketing man, I will only creat this master thread and publish the basic specs of the E series. Our engineer team, and I mean it, those who developed this product from the initial equation derivation to the final balance tuning, will take over from here to discuss with everybody.

Please feel free to ask away your questions, make your complains, bring new ideas to here, and make this thread informative and booming.

For more information about this product, please visit the official page.
==================================================

DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:51 AM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Nov 2013
250 Posts
Hi everyone. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am the team leader of DJI Propulsion Lab, and I'm an enthusiastic RCG follower way before I join DJI. It quite safe to say that without RCG I may never become a RC model fan, and never put my eye on DJI, and thus never have joined DJI and become an multirotor propulsion system engineer. I think this is the reason that I propose to our marketing office to creat this threat so we can directly communicate to our RCG fellows, to share our ideas.

Dr. Turbo
DJI Propulsion is offline Find More Posts by DJI Propulsion
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DJI Propulsion; Nov 29, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:53 AM
Joined Nov 2013
250 Posts
Price including VAT:

E300 Quad: USA $179 Europe 149 EUR
E300 Hexa: USA $239 Europe 189 EUR

E600 Quad: USA $449 Europe 349 EUR
E600 Hexa: USA $629 Europe 479 EUR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wish list from our users:

1. Coaxial prop. Koffer; Gary (GGoodrum); Squawk; balde strike, patterns.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of dealers

Quadcopters.UK

Gradus Group LLC

UAV Products

MultirotorHeli

Rise above aerial cinematography

FLAVIO

AZONE MODEL SHOP

Aviafed Service

IntelligentUAS

Empire Hobby LLC

TT Enterprises LLC

Totem Hobbies

MHM Modellbau

RC Geeks Ltd

TwinproHobby
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DJI Propulsion; May 06, 2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:56 AM
Doing stuff since 1902.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,498 Posts
Hi, got a question

Can we see the bottom of these props, is there a metallic insert in the hub ?
Olivier_C is offline Find More Posts by Olivier_C
Old Nov 29, 2013, 08:01 AM
Joined Nov 2013
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C View Post
Hi, got a question

Can we see the bottom of these props, is there a metallic insert in the hub ?
These are all self-tighening props, so yes, there are metllic parts inserted in the plastic blades. By using tool-free self-tighening props, you can quickly shrink your birds by removing the prop to have a compact quad for transportation.

Dr. Turbo
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DJI Propulsion; Nov 29, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 01:43 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
989 Posts
What price are these?
ripmax is offline Find More Posts by ripmax
Old Nov 29, 2013, 02:53 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
The DJI 2212 motors look identical to those we've all used on the FXXX frames. Has anything been done to improve the motors? The original motors aren't bad on these frames, they run quite well on 4S. I still use them.

But they could use better bearings and balancing.

Gotta say I like the coaxial power lead a lot, never seen that before. This'll make future installs a bit nicer looking.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Nov 29, 2013, 02:53 PM
Wisconsin
United States, WI, Hayward
Joined Jan 2012
216 Posts
Dr. Turbo,

Thank you for joining us! We look forward to your insights.
mike_kelly is online now Find More Posts by mike_kelly
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
97 Posts
Will we be able to purchase the motor/props separately to do a simple upgrade of the original F450 2212 motors with these new ones with the new threaded and dynamically balanced props?

Will the new motors/prop be compatible with the original DJI 30A esc? or is it recommended to use the new ESC and power distribution board?
TheArtOfFlight is offline Find More Posts by TheArtOfFlight
Old Nov 29, 2013, 03:18 PM
Ireland
Joined Mar 2013
3,061 Posts
Subscribed. well done DJi on opening this communications channel to RCG.
Lets hope its benefits DJI as well as the RC community. Hopefully our posts will be read and our questions answered.
Welcome......

now , can i ask, why is there a need for a new, smaller PDB ( power distribution board) ?
eirlink is online now Find More Posts by eirlink
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DJI S1000 Ready to Fly Assembly
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:21 PM
Joined Nov 2013
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripmax View Post
What price are these?
The Price will be released very soon. It will be very competetive for its outstanding quality.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:38 PM
Joined Nov 2013
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
The DJI 2212 motors look identical to those we've all used on the FXXX frames. Has anything been done to improve the motors? The original motors aren't bad on these frames, they run quite well on 4S. I still use them.

But they could use better bearings and balancing.

Gotta say I like the coaxial power lead a lot, never seen that before. This'll make future installs a bit nicer looking.
The 2212 motor looks all the same from the very beginning. Underneath the same appearance, almost everything have been changed, block by block.

Just take the bearing as a example. We were very unhappy about the bearing of the earlier blocks of the 2212 motor, just like you. They were noisy and very vulnerable to crushes. To improve the bearing system, we made lots of experiment to stress the bearing and to crush them. That were some mad days, I still recall, because the crush tests were quite dangerous, we dressed in paint ball suit and helmet to protect ourself. At the end we came out with some hypothesis and started to make movements. We changed our supplier of bearing first, to NMB, the BMW or Mercedes in small bearing industry. There bearings provide much better impact resistance, and they did improved the motor but the over all result was still not satisfying. We then located the problem at the milling accuracy of the bearing seat. After we switched our machine work supplier, we think we have solved our bearing problem, say, most partially. We are still working on the bearing experience improvement. You will be surprised again very soon.

Short answer for you question. The 2212 motors shipped nowadays are all equiped with best quality NMB bearing with improved bearing seat. The balance is also improved very much. Let the product the third party review prove my words.

Dr. Turbo
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DJI Propulsion; Nov 29, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:42 PM
Joined Nov 2013
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink View Post
Subscribed. well done DJi on opening this communications channel to RCG.
Lets hope its benefits DJI as well as the RC community. Hopefully our posts will be read and our questions answered.
Welcome......

now , can i ask, why is there a need for a new, smaller PDB ( power distribution board) ?
The PDB we provide is for those who do not use a Flame Wheel frame, especially DIY guys. I was a DIY guy and I made quite some ariplanes by myself, I still remember the pain in the ass when you have to solder seven or eight cables together.

The other reason for this PDB is that it provide better EMC.

Regards,

Dr. Turbo
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DJI Propulsion; Nov 30, 2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:47 PM
Joined Nov 2013
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtOfFlight View Post
Will we be able to purchase the motor/props separately to do a simple upgrade of the original F450 2212 motors with these new ones with the new threaded and dynamically balanced props?

Will the new motors/prop be compatible with the original DJI 30A esc? or is it recommended to use the new ESC and power distribution board?
Of course you can purchase motor/props separately to upgrade your original set. The motors/prop is compatible to the original DJI 30A ESC, you will get 25% more maxium thrust of it, compare to the original 8045 prop set (a slightly improved efficiency from the new motor too), though the ESC 15A features new algorithm to provide better perfomance, especially in wind and descending.

For the PDB, it is just an option for those who do not have one. Changing your previous PDB to our new PDB will not bring you power perfomance boost. The advantage of the new PDB is that it is designed to work with the coaxial cable, to make the soldering process easy and solid and improve the electromagnetic compatibility by minimizing the current loops. On this PDB board, there will not be dipole magnetic field anymore, only much weaker quadpole field left. So much less stress on you compass.

Best

Dr. Turbo
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DJI Propulsion; Nov 29, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 08:08 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,463 Posts
Thanks for the information Dr. TURBO!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor