HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:17 AM
Sydney Kingsford, Australia
Joined Feb 2004
171 Posts
Question
Light Weight version of the F27Q/ E-flite Scimitar

Hey Guys,

I have a little bit of a left field question for everyone.

Does anyone know of a light weight equivalent of the F-27Q Stryker/E-flite Scimitar. I currently have an F-27Q and I love the fact I have a rudder to play with. I also think it's abilities at High alpha and yaw have to be seen to be believed. However because it's so big and heavy to get it up to speed your looking at big current draws which leads to reduced flight times.

My primary wing that I fly is a Speedwing mk250v2 and this thing is a little rocket ship. I briefly entertained the baby Stryker but the wing area is about half of the Speedwing so my running gear for that wouldn't go. Anyway I can get about 4 min at full throttle with this thing and it's an awesome park warrior.

My question is does anyone know of a Speedwing mk250 size equivalent of the F-27q/Scimitar? I'm more than happy to design and build my own but I figured it would be a good idea to ask if there was an equivalent wing on the market with rudders?

I look forward to everyone's responses.

All the Best

Danny
Dan the man is offline Find More Posts by Dan the man
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:45 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
Check out the "Lightweight Stryker" thread. The Stryker C doesn't have rudders, but there is no reason why you couldn't add them if you wanted to.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member