HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,566 Posts
Maybe that should be "Purrfect" conditions.
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,413 Posts
In the groove.

Yes "Purrfect".
While we wait
P-40 Kittyhawk at Dunsfold Wings and Wheels 08 (8 min 48 sec)

Traffic - Gimme Some Lovin' (8 min 54 sec)

Brent.
Kaikokid is online now Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,800 Posts
HI Brent,
Naaa, I had the space , I made the mistake of not wanting a cross wind approach vs a dead on approach and that is what took my space away .
See in the end it was pilot error vs weather conditions , but I am only saying this for the joy of self evaluation lol.
If i had taken the more challenging route , simple cross wind landing in high winds , I bet I would have landed with zero damage but instead I took the safe route but underestimated my stall speed because the wing added about 30 yards to my known stall speed at low throttle .
Remember the old Pilot saying " a landing is nothing more then a controlled crash " well on my way to my normal decent 50% throttle on the last leg she would not come down lol , it was going and going and going , what I should have done was full throttle , pass the field and started much further out because the wind was coming in from 12 to 15 mile gust (constant _ and that added much more lift when coming in .
I should have even bled off the flaps because the lift from the added wind was really slowing down decent .
Lesson Learned ? Yes don't be a chicken , land in a cross wind in the cross wing manner and you should walk away undamaged !
Oh well she is almost back to new and ready to battle once again !
Two funny things
1) Wifey thought this was my Hobby King P40 because its been out in the basement and she is so use to seeing it she figured this was that plane . We get home and she says " wait , I thought this was the plane you crashed " I said no , that is just one of my spares
2) Plane hits the fence , because the esc takes a jolt from the motor stopping , its triggers the sliding canopy as if the pilot was trying to get out !
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm