HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:33 AM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
1,855 Posts
80's.. Huh... Bring me back man! Looks great.. Congrads ......
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updating Hangar (a little)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:32 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,499 Posts
The tree out on the edge of the flight path that I was sure was out of the way for everything smaller than big gassers grabbed me today. Gear down stuck in a tree 40 ft up - not a good position. Managed to recover her but took some beating. The major damage was the last 10 ft fall to the ground. Rebroke the wing where I broke it before, mashed/split the nose, and sundry scrapes and rash from the pole and limbs. I've been intending to send her into periodic maintenance for rebab but since we don't have a winter build season here, I've continued to fly her on a continuous basis. So now - will fix, strengthen the wing, fix the nose, sand out the blemishes, seal with WBPU, and add a livery to spruce her up.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Jun 26, 2014, 02:16 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
Hate to hear that Jim. We also have a tree at our field that I wish would get struck by lightning. Fix her on up and get her back in the air. After I crashed mine (receiver failure) I went ahead and added flaps since they came loose anyway. Doesn't need them, but it is pretty cool and she does slow down a lot more on landing. Love this plane!
rcflyinff is online now Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Jun 26, 2014, 02:25 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
Hate to hear that Jim. We also have a tree at our field that I wish would get struck by lightning. Fix her on up and get her back in the air. After I crashed mine (receiver failure) I went ahead and added flaps since they came loose anyway. Doesn't need them, but it is pretty cool and she does slow down a lot more on landing. Love this plane!
What protocol RX are you using? 90% of the time its not the RX that failes, its the voltage regulator that has dipped below the acceptable RX requirments.
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2014, 06:11 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
Didn't mean to re-open that can of worms. Anyway it was the AR600. Had plenty of juice left so I don't believe that was the issue. After some repairs, She is back in the air as she should be.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 07:14 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Didn't mean to re-open that can of worms. Anyway it was the AR600. Had plenty of juice left so I don't believe that was the issue. After some repairs, She is back in the air as she should be.
AR600 has known problems! I had one fail on me as well. I hope you are not using it again?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:13 AM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2011
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
AR600 has known problems! I had one fail on me as well. I hope you are not using it again?
I'm tellin' ya....I have 17 planes and 14 of them have HK's Orange receivers...never any troubles. Not only do I refuse to pay 4x + the cost for a Specktrum, I just don't trust them.
6Sally5 is offline Find More Posts by 6Sally5
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:28 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,631 Posts
I've been having great luck with the Lemons. At first, I was skeptical. But this is not a counterfeit. They're the real deal. Now I'm not afraid to put them in anything.

They have both DSM2 and DSMx versions. Besides about a dozen 6 channel, I have a couple of 8 channel with sat and just received a 7 channel w/ stabilizer for $19.00

Big thread here on RCG: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1773138

Worth checking out.

Cheers,

Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:35 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Sally5 View Post
I'm tellin' ya....I have 17 planes and 14 of them have HK's Orange receivers...never any troubles. Not only do I refuse to pay 4x + the cost for a Specktrum, I just don't trust them.
I also have exclsuively Orange RXs. They are well worth the price and they perform for me. I use them even on my larger EDF jets like the FW SU 35 and Euro. I use both DSM2 and DSMX technology. Thousands of Orange RXs have been sold. Specktrum and JR should be happy because it promotes their radios....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:37 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
I've been having great luck with the Lemons. At first, I was skeptical. But this is not a counterfeit. They're the real deal. Now I'm not afraid to put them in anything.

They have both DSM2 and DSMx versions. Besides about a dozen 6 channel, I have a couple of 8 channel with sat and just received a 7 channel w/ stabilizer for $19.00

Big thread here on RCG: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1773138

Worth checking out.

Cheers,

Hawk
Great to hear. I just ordered a few for Lemons - I wished they would chaneg the name..... it has a negative connotation here in the US.... If the Redskins change their name so should Lemon LOL

I ordered the 7 Ch DSMX with stabilizer, the 10 Ch DSMX and 6 Ch DSMX. I will be using them on my planes - regardless of size.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2014, 02:49 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
No, definitely not. I contacted Spectrum and they sent me an AR610 as a replacement. So far so good on that one. I've heard of these Orange & Lemon receivers but was nervous about using them. Anyone ever used them in glow airplanes? I'm assuming there's not much difference in construction that would effect the RX. Sorry to have taken away from the GC thread, but this is good info.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 06:00 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,499 Posts
Finally started the complete tear down of the GC. Lots of flex damage just from being flow hard on a weekly basis for over 2 1/2 yrs. Plus the opportunity to make a clean paint job vs the stickers nobody really liked.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Jul 21, 2014, 07:48 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
No, definitely not. I contacted Spectrum and they sent me an AR610 as a replacement. So far so good on that one. I've heard of these Orange & Lemon receivers but was nervous about using them. Anyone ever used them in glow airplanes? I'm assuming there's not much difference in construction that would effect the RX. Sorry to have taken away from the GC thread, but this is good info.
That's great service! So surely they knew of the problems.
RCG Plus Member