New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Find More Posts by Windward RC
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Feb 2011
1,052 Posts
Awesome Tim, been working with a guy at my local shop here in the US to do the same thing...

Fantastic work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtimma View Post
Evening all,

A rainy day here in the UK and some forced time at home over the last few months have allowed me to finally get round to something I have wanted to do for some time.

Although I have the skills to prep and paint a boat to a great standard I know that if I did I would be bored in a week and want a different colour...so...

I cranked up the cutter and got busy with some designs for deck stickers and topside stickers so that I could change the colour whenever I fancied it.

The pictures show where I'm at so far and I'm hoping to get them tested soon before perhaps adding them to our inventory along with some other cool stuff I've been working on.

What I'm after from you guys is some comments on what you think of them and whether there are any improvements that could be made. My initial thoughts are that the hatch patches will have a reduced contact area on the deck and some of the patch will be stuck onto the deck sticker, I'll test it and see how we get on!

The topside sticker looks great and doesn't really need much, if any work.

Cheers

Tim
Windward RC is offline Find More Posts by Windward RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by glouis
Ireland, Dublin, Howth
Joined Nov 2008
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark dicks View Post
Gilbert
that is correct
that' s a great addition to the rig to reinforce it there...
glouis is offline Find More Posts by glouis
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by Arycon
-= Trojan Man =-
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2012
907 Posts
Hey guys...

Curious...Joysway sells jib and main shaft reinforcement rings. Are these allowed in the one design rules?

Trying to get my yacht back in the water by next weekend and just ordered a set of these rings. I didn't stop to think about whether or not they were allowed in the one design rules. A local yachting club actually runs the DF 65 one design here: Space Coast Model Yachting club. I'm looking to hook up with them. I have heard they have a pretty nice pond full of markers and hold regattas now and again.

My DF65 is already registered in the RG65 class...number 154, I believe. Would love to learn how to race and sail with a group. I need to join AMYA, if I am not mistaken.

Really appreciate if anyone has any links that would be useful for a new skipper to read up on and learn some crucial basics to this great sport. I am a total newb at it, but I enjoy the peace of model yachting so much.

Cheers!
Arycon is online now Find More Posts by Arycon
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Find More Posts by Windward RC
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Feb 2011
1,052 Posts
If its sold as a Dragon force part... its allowed under the Restricted Class rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arycon View Post
Hey guys...

Curious...Joysway sells jib and main shaft reinforcement rings. Are these allowed in the one design rules?

Trying to get my yacht back in the water by next weekend and just ordered a set of these rings. I didn't stop to think about whether or not they were allowed in the one design rules. A local yachting club actually runs the DF 65 one design here: Space Coast Model Yachting club. I'm looking to hook up with them. I have heard they have a pretty nice pond full of markers and hold regattas now and again.

My DF65 is already registered in the RG65 class...number 154, I believe. Would love to learn how to race and sail with a group. I need to join AMYA, if I am not mistaken.

Really appreciate if anyone has any links that would be useful for a new skipper to read up on and learn some crucial basics to this great sport. I am a total newb at it, but I enjoy the peace of model yachting so much.

Cheers!
Windward RC is offline Find More Posts by Windward RC
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by Dick L.
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arycon View Post
I need to join AMYA, if I am not mistaken.

The RG65 Class here in the US is a Class "Owners" Association - and the only time you have to be an AMYA member is if you wish to hold office in the class, or participate in AMYA sanctioned Regional or National Championships. Requirements to join AMYA were debated and left out of the Association's final rules - to encourage new sailors such as yourself, to not only sail, but to compete in local or club competition and learn rules and tactics first. Then you can join AMYA
if you want to take the next step,
Dick L. is online now Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Today, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by outlawpc
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2012
34 Posts
What battery?

From what I have read it appears that a LiFe battery is used for the DF.

What size?

What is the best place to purchase it from ... cost wise?

Thanks for the help!
outlawpc is online now Find More Posts by outlawpc
Old Today, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by mohsb
United States, FL, Safety Harbor
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawpc View Post
From what I have read it appears that a LiFe battery is used for the DF.

What size?

What is the best place to purchase it from ... cost wise?

Thanks for the help!
See post 3432. I got the batteries from Kintec Racing and the charger on Ebay. This is only one of many options to buy from.
mohsb is online now Find More Posts by mohsb
Old Today, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by 8thelephant
Soaring Fanatic!
Joined Dec 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtimma View Post
Here it is in blue...looks pretty funky I reckon!
Nice and easy modification Tim!
Do the decals stop just shy of the aft ends relative to the width of film? Or will the final design extend further?
8thelephant is offline Find More Posts by 8thelephant
Old Today, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by Radsail
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Apr 2013
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsb View Post
See post 3432. I got the batteries from Kintec Racing and the charger on Ebay. This is only one of many options to buy from.
I use 700 mah Life from Hobby King. They cost about AU$3 and I have sailed for over four hours non stop with them and no problems. They are under the minimum weight for the DF ( 48 grams) so I stuck a couple of half inch washers to them to bring them up to weight.
Radsail is offline Find More Posts by Radsail
Old Today, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by jppom
Mr Happy
United States, AL, Montgomery
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Has anyone else had and solved the problem of getting adhesive sail patch material reinforcements or numbers ti stick to coated nylon sails, especially the sylnylon impregnated ripstop kite material? Any ideas appreciated.
jppom is offline Find More Posts by jppom
Old Today, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by outlawpc
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2012
34 Posts
Thanks to both skippers who replied.

The LiFe website states they should not be used where there is moisture or wet conditions ... Since it can cause a melt down or worse.

Is saving a little weight over NiMh worth it?
outlawpc is online now Find More Posts by outlawpc
Old Today, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by The Enigma
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Jan 2014
258 Posts
Use search

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawpc View Post
Thanks to both skippers who replied.

The LiFe website states they should not be used where there is moisture or wet conditions ... Since it can cause a melt down or worse.

Is saving a little weight over NiMh worth it?
At the top of the thread is a place to search this Thread, this subject has been discussed many times. Weight isn't the issue.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...047&query=LiFe
The Enigma is online now Find More Posts by The Enigma