SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2015, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by Extraboy
To Live is to Fly
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
46 Posts
Sounds like the rx is not bound properly. Try re-binding and see if that works. If not, before you connect your battery to the rx push your throttle stick to full on your tx , connect battery, wait for double beeps then bring your throttle stick back down. This will reset your esc.
good luck
Extraboy is online now Find More Posts by Extraboy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2015, 07:47 PM
Find More Posts by peterswolf
United States, FL, Ruskin
Joined Apr 2012
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraboy View Post
Sounds like the rx is not bound properly. Try re-binding and see if that works. If not, before you connect your battery to the rx push your throttle stick to full on your tx , connect battery, wait for double beeps then bring your throttle stick back down. This will reset your esc.
good luck
Extraboy's advice works most of the time for me. A lot of new planes I've been getting lately I've had to do that full throttle to initialize the throttle range first. A couple of my FMS planes it turned out I needed to reverse the throttle channel to get it to work.

But certainly a word of advice, make sure to the this with the PROPS OFF Much safer that way, just in case...
peterswolf is online now Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2015, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,185 Posts
Throttle calibration of the ESC should be performed on every single plane you ever buy. Taking the prop off is definitely a must. I once got 26 stitches in my leg for not obeying that rule.

-CC
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old May 02, 2015, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by ElectFoam
Joined Jan 2013
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmann View Post
I have not been able to get my motors started yet. When I plug my rx in, all i get is constant beeps. Any ideas?
That is usually and indication of throttle not being all the way in the down position or a lose motor wire / bad connection.
ElectFoam is offline Find More Posts by ElectFoam
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by jetmann
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Atsugi
Joined Feb 2013
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraboy View Post
good luck
Thanks will try that.
jetmann is online now Find More Posts by jetmann