Old Today, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by sebbe
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeWingRC View Post
Heres some SOD Farm flying boys. Went to a WIDE open place.

enjoy

oh and by the way i didnt use the stupid Super Mode on the gopro hero 4 black.

came out better...

Launch was easy peasy as always. Landing came to a hault in the grass. Im getting better. one day ill rip hard like sykotic and voodoo lol

73 degrees
8mph winds

167amps
2,324 watts

heatsink is doing its job for now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW9lwmY3Npg
Nice flying

I have to ask, you make it look sooooo easy on launch, tell us, most seem to put full power and make the X twist like drill, but when you do it seems to go away so smooth,, how much throttle? and do you have any mix in radio or do you hold right aileron on stick when throwing? I cant see any torque

Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
3,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Nice flying

I have to ask, you make it look sooooo easy on launch, tell us, most seem to put full power and make the X twist like drill, but when you do it seems to go away so smooth,, how much throttle? and do you have any mix in radio or do you hold right aileron on stick when throwing? I cant see any torque

Sebbe
Thanks sebbe...Nope no trick sebbe. Been flying high performance for years ( that helps )

Ill tell you exactly what i do. I hold her flat and level give her about half throttle and gove her a decent toss. The 16x17 slim grabs so much air and bites it....she just takes off slow and flat. I dont have torque roll, or dives or anything of a bad habit.

So yeah...just half throttle her....throw her str8 and true. Also wait a second or two for the prop to get air moving...it seems over the years of just letting the prop get some air going before launch really makes her smooth.

Easy peasy. If you launch full throttle she will lean left and you gotta get on the sticks fast. Seems thats the eay everyone does it...not me though.

I guess if someone was trained at throwing mine i would do full throttle into the air.

With those big arms sebbe you should be able to launch your x plane with no motor power like a javeline up to 500 feet lol

Just kiddin bud

But yeah i guess heres some steps to sum it up:

1:hold x plane flat and level like in picture
2: spool up giant helicopter size props to half throttle
3: wait 1.5 seconds
4: give her a medium/strong toss into the wind
5: make sure jockstrap and diaper are put on properly
6: enjoy the flight
XtremeWingRC is online now Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by XtremeWingRC; Today at 12:35 PM.
Old Today, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by sebbe
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,826 Posts
thanks man, I have always believed that throwing with less throttle is the way to go even with this kind of planes, specially with bigger props. your way to explain is perfekt i think we all get it
dont see any advantage throwing full power more then not abusing the esc if amps are superhigh.

what is your setup, lipo, motor, gearbox?

Im sure you mentioned before, but to lazy to try to find it,
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe