HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by FWAL, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 01, 2012, 03:34 AM
Flying without a licence
United Kingdom, Wales, The Mumbles
Joined Dec 2010
573 Posts
Discussion
Balsa Bashing

Last week I had a bit of a mad moment and rather carelessly tried to fly two of my balsa crunchies in 40mph winds. Needless to say yesterday I spent a couple of hours carrying out the subsequent repairs! Now I have only one glider which is out of commission whilst I beef up the fuse with an additional layer of fiber glass and resin. It's the P15 which was originally a JP Pretty 1500 electric glider. It slopes well and is a good looking model for under 100. However, the fuse is like an egg shell and probably not ideal for the sort of heavy landings I often perform.
So now that the building board is more or less vacant it's time to start the Solange, last week I bought in bulk! 10 Hitec 55 servo's which worked out at 7.25 ea and the Oracover film. Problem is I didn't buy enough servo's, four will be used in the Solange, four in the Fournier RF4 and two in the Multiplex Fox that doesn't leave any spare for the Topaz.
Notice I mentioned a Fournier. A good friend of mine went off to a show recently and saw this model for sale (half RRP). Without asking me via text etc he purchased it hoping that I would appreciate it and more importantly pay him back for it. Well I was delighted not only because I enjoy building, was looking for a powered glider but because it came as a complete surprise. This just shows what good friendships are about.
So now I can build both the Fournier and Solange in tandem which I enjoy as there's always something which needs doing whilst the glue is setting.
The Fox is just an EPP toy which I'll add pitcheron controls to and just use and abuse when the winds are light. Its also a perfect size to put in the car when we go out
FWAL is offline Find More Posts by FWAL
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: M&S UK IOM Ranking video
to remove ads between posts