HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2014, 11:19 AM
Joined Jan 2014
119 Posts
Gupi, This build is such an Incredible build - your work is phenomenal! And yes, You are one of the main reasons I chose the DVII, Pete's DVII as the first in my line of the Centenary Edition Series!! I've included many nice little features that I'm sure you would have found helpful along the way. Thanks for keeping us all inspired and motivated. Masterful work - looking forward to your next!
Just1MoreKit is offline Find More Posts by Just1MoreKit
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2014, 02:17 PM
S/E Michigan
Joined Jun 2010
1,624 Posts
Superlative!
phillip57 is offline Find More Posts by phillip57
Old Apr 07, 2014, 12:06 AM
Balsa Lover
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jul 2010
744 Posts
Thanks a lot guys for the kind words! It always gives me a motivation boost when others enjoy my builds as much as I do.

Still I need to give kudos to Pat Lynch and his excellent build which I'm using as guide and inspiration for most of my build:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438691
gupi is offline Find More Posts by gupi
Old May 07, 2014, 10:12 AM
long island,new york
Joined Jul 2009
305 Posts
The fuselage looks awesome . the sieben schwaben is perhaps the best subject for a fokker finish
waynek is offline Find More Posts by waynek
Old May 18, 2014, 09:40 AM
Clearwater, Florida
Joined Jul 2005
47 Posts
Hi gupi,

Your D.VII looks fantastic! It's really going to be something when it's finished. Inspiring also to see your work since I'm starting over on my own D.VII. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your superlative work!
Lyle
Stachel is offline Find More Posts by Stachel
Old May 18, 2014, 04:09 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,658 Posts
Hi Gupi - she's coming together nicely and is a credit to your skill and patience. .....and thanks for the kudos - in spite of my incident

Pat
Pat Lynch is offline Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A New Year's Project
Old Today, 02:53 AM
Balsa Lover
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jul 2010
744 Posts
After a long wait, i'm back to continuing the Sieben Schwaben build.

In the mean time i finished a little Fairchild 24 (build thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156999) and had a nice vacation on the Grundlsee during which i learned to fly from water. A worthwile experience, teaches you take-off with rudder and precise landings!
Old Today, 03:38 AM
Balsa Lover
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jul 2010
744 Posts
Installing the ailerons had me scratching my head a lot. Finally i decided to have the servos installed in the wing next to the section where the cabane struts attach. Pull-pull cables were routed to the original exit points.

The correct order of covering ailerons and the wing (parts) was crucial, too. Otherwise i wouldn't be able to set up the pull-pull arrangement. First i covered the ailerons, then the bottom of the wing and the top wing tips. The rest of the wing top need to stay open until i had completed the pull-pull setup.

Then the ailerons were hinged with CA hinges, cables attached and tested. Everything works fine!
Old Today, 12:36 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,558 Posts
[I have to agree with the last caption -- looks great, indeed!

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Today, 01:01 PM
United States, CA, Emeryville
Joined May 2007
171 Posts
really nice lozenge! did you print on litespan?
Huey N is offline Find More Posts by Huey N
RCG Plus Member