SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by genovia, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 09, 2015, 12:41 PM
Defies Logic & Common Sense
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunder93 View Post
nice hand launch. for a second i thought you were going way too close to the ground and as soon as the throttle kicked in the queen bee went straight up . which motor are you using and how much thrust are you getting with the 16".my 500kv sk3 motor is giving 3.8 Kg thrust on full throttle with the 15".for a 5.6-5.9 kg wing am i on the low side.also about throttle management, the apm gives 85% throttle upon detection of launch and that is just when the plane leaves the launcher.any less and the plane dips to the ground and doesnt have enough lift to take off and at 85% torque roll happens randomly .i think i either need more thrust with a smaller prop or higher launch speed but the bungee force is already at 78kg+ tension and takes two people to pull it on either side
Also how much does your windrider queenbee weigh?
ditch the bungee. Ask some model rocket guys to hook you up with some RATO units.
speedactyl is offline Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hover conversion
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2015, 01:52 PM
Joined Jul 2012
21 Posts
so i guess i might be wrong about the issue being torque roll =(.Daemon (yes the legendary daemon ) pointed out that the plane is not torque rolling rather stalling and going into a "flick roll".he made out a very good observation that i had noted earlier but failed to take its consequence into account.so basically the plane upon launch the apm gives full up elevon deflection.it starts to stall and then when it starts to roll the apm gives counter aileron which can also be seen and i have noticed all this in the apm log which makes the situation worse.so i guess its the flight profile and the way apm handles the autotakeoff that could be one of the reasons as to why it always rolls like that.need to experiment with the autotakeoff parameters in the apm now.@woketman yes the x8 inside is pretty spacious.depending on the lens you use with the dslr you can fit the dslr with a two axis gimbal inside along with 15000 mah batteries and fpv gear and a lot of other things =) here is a really short clip showing a few out of the several successful launches i have had as well.
skywalker X8 successful catapult launches (0 min 45 sec)
dunder93 is offline Find More Posts by dunder93
Old Jan 09, 2015, 02:56 PM
Slidell, LA, USA
Joined Nov 2002
718 Posts
Nice!!!! Can you adjust how much elevator is used during launch?
woketman is online now Find More Posts by woketman
Old Jan 09, 2015, 03:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woketman View Post
Nice!!!! Can you adjust how much elevator is used during launch?
yup its possible to limit the pulse giving by the apm to the servos as well as the climb angle it climbs at after launching.it is there in the parameters list for sure in mission planner.Thats the best part about the apm or any open sourceproject.if anything is missing you can just code it by yourself if you want to
dunder93 is offline Find More Posts by dunder93
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:46 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jan 2012
100 Posts
Sorry, this is a reminder of how to prevent a crash.
Manual mode + gimbal cam = bad idea! Near crash TBS Discovery Pro + Naza V2 + GoPro Hero 3+ (0 min 40 sec)
divemarc is offline Find More Posts by divemarc