SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:44 AM
Flying>Life
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Download
Phoenix V.5

Alright guys, since phoenix was gust released, I have decided to make a new thread. In the thread you guys can post your models, schemes, flying sites, etc. I hope to get some models on here soon so we can all enjoy them. From what I have heard, its seems like a lot of people have had some issues with the sim so good luck!

Joseph
JosephSzczur101 is offline Find More Posts by JosephSzczur101
Last edited by JosephSzczur101; Feb 18, 2014 at 07:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2014, 08:19 AM
Joined Dec 2013
14 Posts
I found 5.0 so bad I reinstalled 4. Not sure if it's just me but none of the models I tried flew realistically. For instance parkzone t-28 model had unlimited vertical, rudder was way too responsive. Flew almost like a 3d model. All models I tied had big problems.

-C
chris Cal is offline Find More Posts by chris Cal
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:11 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,482 Posts
Yeah at this point your best bet is to not install v5. I'm sorry I did.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Feb 18, 2014, 09:11 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,109 Posts
If you've got 5 loaded, go ahead and try 5b - at least the planes don't fly themselves and are tweakable enough to make them fly if you want to play enough. At least not a total loss as it was at the first v5.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 18, 2014, 09:16 PM
Flying>Life
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Yeah, the V.5 B is much better (but not as good as the rest) then V.5 A.

Joseph
JosephSzczur101 is offline Find More Posts by JosephSzczur101
Old Feb 19, 2014, 02:05 AM
Joined Jan 2014
82 Posts
When 5b is running well the plane physics are really good. For example the Se5a and Pitts were flying really nicely and landing was a lot more realistic.
But there are major problems.

I was running fine at 61 frames per second on high settings, then after 5 mins it jumped to 5 frames per second for no reason. It's done this a few times. Once it gets stuck you have to restart to correct it.

Selecting some planes (eg Parkzone T28, the plane just explodes).
So I can see light at the end of the tunnel in that we will end up with better plane physics but I recommend people hold off updating until they fix the bugs.
venton is offline Find More Posts by venton
Old Feb 21, 2014, 01:52 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
I don't see any upgrade proposed from v4.0.q.
Ideas to move to v5 ?

Win8.1 x64.
borisff is offline Find More Posts by borisff
Old Feb 21, 2014, 02:07 PM
Joined Feb 2014
72 Posts
I believe the "automatic" update was only available for a few hours a few days ago. V5 is still quite unrefined and there's no significant new features in the version(s) they've released, so unless you want to "test" rather than fly an accurate flight simulator, you should wait a while. The update will become available again when they believe they have the majority of the bugs worked out (or when they need more "testers")
brownell is offline Find More Posts by brownell
Old Feb 21, 2014, 02:52 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2013
85 Posts
From the sound of things, I'm going to sit tight for a solid month or two before pulling the trigger on the update. These are not "little things" that need to be addressed.

Bummer, because I was looking forward to trying the PZ Visionaire which I understand is in the update. I just bought the actual plane and will be flying the heck out of it this weekend.
redman042 is offline Find More Posts by redman042
Old Feb 21, 2014, 04:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
5,482 Posts
The upgrade has been removed, those who have installed the v5 upgrade do not uninstall they need our feedback to polish the product up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman042 View Post
From the sound of things, I'm going to sit tight for a solid month or two before pulling the trigger on the update. These are not "little things" that need to be addressed.

Bummer, because I was looking forward to trying the PZ Visionaire which I understand is in the update. I just bought the actual plane and will be flying the heck out of it this weekend.
It is in there, however, I have several of the planes within Phoenix 5 and none of the planes I have fly in v5 like they do IRL, the Super Cub for instance is unturnable when you apply full right or left the plane essentially skids in the sky until it turns, even then the wings bank at such an angle that no amount of opposite rudder rights the plane resulting in a death spiral and crash. When up 100 + feet and cutting throttle on the SC it drops like a rock, there is zero glide to the model whatsoever, I know for a fact a SC in dead calm conditions can glide by itself.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2014, 09:12 PM
Joined Feb 2014
9 Posts
this is a total shot in the dark, but is there any way to download the update since its been taken down... i know its a rather redundant question, but i would really like to be a part of the beta testing.

im excited about the update, regardless of what some are saying... i think we all need to take in to account, that all new "games" are buggy and require several patches..but what sets this apart, is the fact that its FREE...

this is my 2 cents..
Chemtrails is offline Find More Posts by Chemtrails
Old Mar 06, 2014, 08:48 AM
Joined Aug 2006
35 Posts
Well today it's up to 5.0.I or 5.0.1. I can't really tell. The airplanes still feel weird. Seems like I'm flying through really dense air all the time. I don't know.
charlesml3 is offline Find More Posts by charlesml3
Old Mar 06, 2014, 08:57 AM
Joined Feb 2012
5,482 Posts
It's not just you it does still feel odd. The dense air description is a good one, it's like flying a plane underwater or within some unseen substance.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2014, 10:05 AM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,947 Posts
I down loaded 5.0.I,so I could use the Blade 350 QX.(I have one) It flys great in Acro,but the motor sound is like your flying a heli in "idle up" mode. It just constantly runs wide open,past 1/8 throttle,but it's just the audio. But that's about the only complaint I have so far.
Ron_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Alias,a Love,Hate,Affair!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2005
576 Posts
I just download version 5.01. I was looking forward to the improved aircraft physics, I already like the previous version for helis.

After using it for about an hour, I'm really disappointed. I haven't noticed anything that is significantly improved, and some things like the sound for the Blade mqx seem to be worse.

Airplane physics are still poor. They might be a bit better than version 4, but they were so bad before I didn't bother flying planes in Phoenix and used RF 6.5 instead.

For example torque rolling is still quite a challenge in Phoenix, but I can torque roll in real life quite easily (anything from a foamie to my 100cc Slick). Torque rolling in RF 6.5 is too easy, I can do torque rolling tail slides from hundreds of feet up, which I can't do in real life.

Control surface response in Phoenix (I always use high rates) seems to be inconsistent. The elevator on some planes in absurdly effective and yet the rudder on the same plane often isn't effective enough. I guess I could edit this but I would rather stick with RF 6.5.

I like the free upgrades that Phoenix offers, but so far it is not very useful when a major upgrades offers no improvements.
malcolmm is offline Find More Posts by malcolmm